Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best places to go when your a Loner?

Best places to go when your a Loner?

Old Jul 30th 2012, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best places to go when your a Loner?

scamp- and do I look bovered?
Old Jul 30th 2012, 9:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by kittycat1
scamp- and do I look bovered?
I wouldn't know, you don't turn up to BE drinks nights.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

yawn scamp!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 10:18 am
Just Joined

pauljpickering88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jackwow
What makes you think people will look at you because you're on your own? You're not 6 are you?
Actually just turned 7, so wandering round Dubai on my own has it obvious worries.

Its easy to say it shouldnt bother you but I'm just not comfortable with it, lounging by the pool sounds like a good idea though, will I still be able to get a beer even though its Ramadan?
Old Jul 30th 2012, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

No to the beer- not sure about drinking anything actually as you would be in public view- not sure- it is hot hot hot at the mo so make sure you have factor 50 if you're going to sit in the sun!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 10:37 am
Just Joined

Ive got some factor 15 I use in Afghan, and we dont have swimming pools here lol
Old Jul 30th 2012, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pauljpickering88
Its easy to say it shouldnt bother you but I'm just not comfortable with it, lounging by the pool sounds like a good idea though, will I still be able to get a beer even though its Ramadan?
So you always have someone to accompany you whenever you leave your home? Look around when you're outside, loads of people walking around on their own and no one pays any more attention to them than anyone else.

As for booze none will be available anywhere until about 7.30pm, although you will be able to drink in your room.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 11:34 am
Just Joined

its abit different going shopping and taking part in a social activity, such as sitting in a bar on your own where nobody else is sat on there own.

dont know why it bothers you so much, Were not all born loners like yourself

Are there any pool/snooker halls in Dubai?
Old Jul 30th 2012, 12:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Iits abit different going shopping and taking part in a social activity, such as sitting in a bar on your own where nobody else is sat on there own.

Who are you going to play pool with? Playing on your own would look lonely...
Old Jul 30th 2012, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

was thinking about having a few games with my alter ego!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

..dont know why it bothers you so much, Were not all born loners like yourself
It doesn't bother me at all, I just feel sorry for people who are so inadequate that they have to other people with them whenever they do anything.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 5:10 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

its abit different going shopping and taking part in a social activity, such as sitting in a bar on your own where nobody else is sat on there own.

You'd be surprised at how many blokes sit alone at the bar in Nezza's. I do it sometimes.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scamp-'You'd be surprised at how many blokes sit alone at the bar in Nezza's. I do it sometimes'

HAHAHAH

LONER! :-p
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:18 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Scamp-'You'd be surprised at how many blokes sit alone at the bar in Nezza's. I do it sometimes'

HAHAHAH

LONER! :-p
Wrong.

I can sit at home on my own and watch the rugby with a beer.

Or I can sit at a bar on my own and watch the rugby with a beer and a better atmosphere.
Old Jul 31st 2012, 7:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
Wrong.

I can sit at home on my own and watch the rugby with a beer.

Or I can sit at a bar on my own and watch the rugby with a beer and a better atmosphere.
I'd rather stay at home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.