Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best places to go when your a Loner?

Best places to go when your a Loner?

Old Jul 29th 2012, 11:54 am
Just Joined

pauljpickering88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best places to go when your a Loner?

Will be coming through Dubai soon and because Ive got my medical Im stuck there for approx 36 hours.

First night I will arrive in Dubai around 4-5 ish, not allowed to eat or drink anything after 8pm (medical next morning) brilliant considering its Ramadan, so will need to devour some food somewhere (probably at the crappy hotel).

Been looking through the threads and like the sound of the Ski Slope in the mall of Emirates, not too expensive and wont have people looking at me becuase i'll be on my lonesome, plus can have a wander round and buy some clothes. Any other suggestions?

Next day my medical should be finished around 11-12, was hoping to try and dash straight to the airport and get home for an extra day but I'm not too optimistic. I really wanted to go for a game of Golf but everyone Ive spoke to said it will be far too hot. Other than that I'm out of ideas.

After the days finished I'm gonna hit the beer as Ive been off it for 2 months, I usually jump in a taxi and go to the irish village but would like to try somewhere else this time just to see abit more of Dubai.

P.s have to be at the airport for 1:00 a.m for my flight home, really cant miss the flight as I have already done that once, she would have my knackers clean off if I did it again!

So any suggestions would be appreciated
Old Jul 29th 2012, 12:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best places to go when your a Loner?

Book a trip up to the top of the tallest building in the world.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 1:00 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
Book a trip up to the top of the tallest building in the world.
As he say, book. AED 100 in advance, 400 if you just turn up.
Old Jul 29th 2012, 1:04 pm
Just Joined

Alright on my own though? I did want to do it, but I just picture it to be a couples things and everyone asking me to take photos for them lol Or is it just me being paranoid?
Old Jul 29th 2012, 1:08 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

If you're a loner with a boner you could try the York International. About the same cost as the Burj, except you can't book in advance (as far as I'm aware).
Old Jul 29th 2012, 1:17 pm
Just Joined

Heard stories about the York, they mainly involve losing your job with the company I work for lol
Old Jul 29th 2012, 1:39 pm
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by pauljpickering88
Heard stories about the York, they mainly involve losing your job with the company I work for lol
Tell us more...
Old Jul 29th 2012, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Tell us more...

A "No Take-Away" policy?
Old Jul 29th 2012, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all

Originally Posted by pauljpickering88
..., not too expensive and wont have people looking at me becuase i'll be on my lonesome,...
What makes you think people will look at you because you're on your own? You're not 6 are you?
Old Jul 30th 2012, 5:48 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Hope that's not your real name.....?
Old Jul 30th 2012, 6:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Paul,

Why are you worried about what other people think? I travel alot of the time on my own and it doesn't stop me doing much at all. Most people are too busy with their own lives to notice you and if they do are you ever going to see them again? No so what does it matter. You could spend the day oolside at one of the hotels, get a massage, go shopping, have look round the souks, do teh bus tour (bit hot for that), loads to do - dont let being on your own stop you!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 7:30 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by kittycat1
Hi Paul,

Why are you worried about what other people think? I travel alot of the time on my own and it doesn't stop me doing much at all. Most people are too busy with their own lives to notice you and if they do are you ever going to see them again? No so what does it matter. You could spend the day oolside at one of the hotels, get a massage, go shopping, have look round the souks, do teh bus tour (bit hot for that), loads to do - dont let being on your own stop you!
HAHAHAH

LONER!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:10 am
BE Enthusiast

DOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this pointDOHDUBMAN is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
HAHAHAH

LONER!
Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:45 am
You read these things?

auzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond reputeauzdafluff has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
HAHAHAH

LONER!
I was wondering where you'd disappeared to.
Old Jul 30th 2012, 8:56 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by auzdafluff
I was wondering where you'd disappeared to.
Busy comparing hotel reviews for Vietnam

791 reviews, 612 excellent....Do I consider that better than a hotel with 115 reviews of which 103 are excellent.

My work is that slow. I have time to generate spreadsheets of percentages for each review level and compare.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.