Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

best place in Dubai for car tyres?

best place in Dubai for car tyres?

Old Feb 24th 2010, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road
Default best place in Dubai for car tyres?

anyone recommend anywhere that offers fair prices and I won't feel like I'm being ripped off for being an expat? I don't want to get into a big haggling thing & I know SHarjah is prob cheaper than Dubai but I don't want to have to go all that way if I can avoid it...

BTW I want the tyres for an old Grand Cherokee, nothing fancy, it doesn't go offroad at all. any idea what a fair price for a basic tyre from a reputable manufacturer would be?

Last edited by Bungdit Din; Feb 24th 2010 at 6:04 pm.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best place in Dubai for car tyres?

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din
anyone recommend anywhere that offers fair prices and I won't feel like I'm being ripped off for being an expat? I don't want to get into a big haggling thing & I know SHarjah is prob cheaper than Dubai but I don't want to have to go all that way if I can avoid it...

BTW I want the tyres for an old Grand Cherokee, nothing fancy, it doesn't go offroad at all. any idea what a fair price for a basic tyre from a reputable manufacturer would be?
Sharjah it is...
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

great, thanks. Anyone have any helpful ideas about places in dubai, maybe actual tyre prices?
Old Feb 24th 2010, 7:44 pm
Account Closed

lionheart is an unknown quantity at this point

You don't have to venture too far into the depths of Sharjah just continue past Sahara Centre and you will find loads on BMW Road.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond reputeshakh your bootie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din
great, thanks. Anyone have any helpful ideas about places in dubai, maybe actual tyre prices?
Maybe try Karama - the streets on the outside edge of the garden square there are awash with cheap tyre places. You won't get bridgestones or michelins, but if you're after cheap tyres they're your boys. Visit a couple and make with the haggling....
Old Feb 25th 2010, 5:13 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Satwa
Old Feb 25th 2010, 6:42 am
**** it we'll do it live

shiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond reputeshiva has a reputation beyond repute

watch out when buying cheap tires in the UAE. Plenty of places are happy to sell you out of date tires the dangers of which are numerous.
all tires have a use by date, in the UAE the recommended maximum age of tires is 3 years due to the deteriation of the rubber by UV light and heat. and no its not just a profiteering measure remember you have an area of road contact of about 4 fag packets between you and zero control of your car.
check the date of your tires before forking out your cash

http://www.ehow.com/how_4778981_read...ate-stamp.html

http://20somethingfinance.com/how-ol...on-the-answer/

http://www.carbibles.com/tyre_bible.html

Last edited by shiva; Feb 25th 2010 at 6:43 am. Reason: added a link
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:23 am
Forum Regular

matt-e will become famous soon enoughmatt-e will become famous soon enough

Try Dunlop Pro-Shop next to the Enoc by Jebel Ali Village 04-8824983. I went there a couple of weeks ago for 4 new tyres on the company Yaris. 275 AED each. Probably not the cheapest but they know what they are doing there and they are very quick.

Took my VW Touareg there for wheel balancing as the steering wheel shakes at high speed. They were very thorough and showed me on the laser test machine that one of the wheel rims was slightly bent. They couldn’t fix it there but gave me the details of a garage that could. Much better service than the previous garage I took it to where I asked them to balance the wheels but instead they just rotated the tyres without asking and couldn't spot the bent wheel problem, and they still charged me a 100 dizzers for the privilege.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 9:04 am
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-e
Try Dunlop Pro-Shop next to the Enoc by Jebel Ali Village 04-8824983. I went there a couple of weeks ago for 4 new tyres on the company Yaris. 275 AED each. Probably not the cheapest but they know what they are doing there and they are very quick.

Took my VW Touareg there for wheel balancing as the steering wheel shakes at high speed. They were very thorough and showed me on the laser test machine that one of the wheel rims was slightly bent. They couldn’t fix it there but gave me the details of a garage that could. Much better service than the previous garage I took it to where I asked them to balance the wheels but instead they just rotated the tyres without asking and couldn't spot the bent wheel problem, and they still charged me a 100 dizzers for the privilege.
That's the tyre place I used for my Prado's Dunlop tyres...good prices.
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

cool, thanks