Which Bank?

Old Dec 1st 2008, 6:49 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which Bank?

Which one does your employer use? That is a good starting point as you should get salary credited a little quicker. A bank where you can get to a branch without a half day trek is also good. Even if you use online banking, at some point you are bound to have to go in and shout at someone.

-
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:04 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Which one does your employer use? That is a good starting point as you should get salary credited a little quicker. A bank where you can get to a branch without a half day trek is also good. Even if you use online banking, at some point you are bound to have to go in and shout at someone.

-
but unfortunatley, too true!
Old Dec 1st 2008, 7:12 am
VP - Rangers Support Club

theduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant futuretheduke has a brilliant future

Hi good points although my employer uses the HSBC, may try them for a starter, but also a very valid point about going in for a fight!!

Originally Posted by Meow

-
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:16 pm
On the look out

smilingcamel will become famous soon enoughsmilingcamel will become famous soon enough

i was with the NBD and used the airport free zone branch....thought they were pretty good for the year I used them.....no probs with a car loan.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 9:23 pm
Once a blue Always a blue

Tiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of lightTiger989 is a glorious beacon of light

If you travel alot in the Middle East I would recommend Dubai Bank as they offer the only switch ATM in UAE. You can withdraw any amount of cash from any cash machine in the Middle East with out any charges.
As for the best bank, they are all the same, just watch out from the hidden charges, such as NBAD when closing an account you are charged with 100dh.
ADCB is falling apart where NBAD is actually buying it. Etc...
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

BurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond reputeBurpusMe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by theduke
Any recommendations on banks, well the best bank I have heard all different things about different banks.

Some say don't touch this bank or that bank but no one can give me reasons why, just because they heard from someone who heard from someone etc etc !!!

I will be tele transferring money to New Zealand and the UK also.
I recommend RBS, and not just because I'm sitting on a pile of recently-purchased shares.