Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone know a good hairdresser in Dubai?

Anyone know a good hairdresser in Dubai?

Old Dec 4th 2008, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of
Default Anyone know a good hairdresser in Dubai?

I am looking for a half decent hairdressers, apparently Toni and Guy are distinctly average here, but after something of similar quality to what they offer back home, maybe less of price would be good too.

Gone are the days of a 3 quid cut down the barbers, I probably only have approx 14 more haircuts before i go bald so need to make the most of them...

Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:02 pm

Norm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond reputeNorm_uk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know a good hairdresser in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Sky Blue
I am looking for a half decent hairdressers, apparently Toni and Guy are distinctly average here, but after something of similar quality to what they offer back home, maybe less of price would be good too.

Gone are the days of a 3 quid cut down the barbers, I probably only have approx 14 more haircuts before i go bald so need to make the most of them...

A friend of mine in the Village Mall on the Beach Road is pretty good (but his prices are not so good) 04 3449006 - ask for Julian and tell him Norman recommend you.

Otherwise there is a great little place in Bur Dubai with a full on traditional barber (as opposed to a hairdresser) I know but there's no parking so best to wait for the trains to be up and running before I give you the details.

N.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:22 pm
100% British Beef

Bison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond reputeBison has a reputation beyond repute

My mates Mrs just arrived from the UK and is starting at a salon in the Habtoor grand very soon.

She used to work at a top Toni and Guy salon in London and is very good.

I'm sure you could get one done at their Villa or she could come to you, i'm sure she'd do it on the side until she starts work. PM me if your interested and I'll ask her for you.

She is based in Jumeirah.

Bison
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Foxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really niceFoxes is just really nice

For mens cut - White tower behind crown plaza nr to world trade centre roundabout.
Old Dec 5th 2008, 6:11 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

male or female?
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

Chesney Hawkes will become famous soon enoughChesney Hawkes will become famous soon enough
Smile Re: Anyone know a good hairdresser in Dubai?

Originally Posted by Norm_uk
A friend of mine in the Village Mall on the Beach Road is pretty good (but his prices are not so good) 04 3449006 - ask for Julian and tell him Norman recommend you.

Otherwise there is a great little place in Bur Dubai with a full on traditional barber (as opposed to a hairdresser) I know but there's no parking so best to wait for the trains to be up and running before I give you the details.

N.
I also go there but I get a guy called Benny. He is brilliant! I'm pretty vain about my haircuts and it took a while to find a good one. They charge AED 150 but he is very particular and a really nice guy (as are most Philippinos). He used to work in Burj Al Arab until he was poached (i believe) by Julian!!.

Definitely comes with my recommendation!!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 8:11 am
Susasurvivor

Susasurvivor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sky Blue

I use Haircorridor at Park and Shop on the Al Wasl Road. Been going there for 10 years now - great atmosphere too
Old Dec 5th 2008, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Sky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud ofSky Blue has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
male or female?
I am a vain male!!
Old Dec 5th 2008, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the responses.... Will check them out...