Reload this Page >

Bahrain ground reality.

Bahrain ground reality.

Old Feb 1st 2012, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

shivu is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bahrain ground reality.

Dear All,

We are planing to move to Bahrain for 2 yrs on work ( transfer from beautiful Melbourne Australia) and wondering how is the situation in Bahrain due to unrest.

We are young family with 2 kids ( 6 yrs old starts school & 6 month old) and really love to hear from someone about the life in Bahrain due to unrest.

I am thinking whether to move or not but my company says, only media hype but daily life is as usual business for everyone in Bahrain.

Any advicse from you?

Thanking you
Shiv
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bahrain ground reality.

You will be fine, only one Indian stabbed recently and that was because he walked into the wrong area

Its safer than India, I know because I am there right now.

Would I swap Melbourne for Bahrain ? Not a chance in hell

Please note your ozzie passport wont mean a damn here (assuming you have one). You will be treated as third class after the Arab and white man based purely on the fact you are Indian.

The ME is slightly racist so if you have got used to Ozzie life it may be a culture shock

However I am in the backside of India now and being a white man, I am getting ****ed about rotten at every airport I transit through. I hardly look like a bomb carrying terrorist or drug dealer but they take every opportunity. Could it be cos I is white ?

Plenty of Indian schools, plenty of good curry houses, an Indian club but I think they had their licence revoked for alcohol sales a couple of years ago, loads of Indian compounds and Indian culture is alive and well.

By the way if your company says its all media hype then I would take the time to read the threads on here and probably not believe anything else coming out of their ****ing mouths
Old Feb 2nd 2012, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Maxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond reputeMaxima has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shivu
Dear All,

We are planing to move to Bahrain for 2 yrs on work ( transfer from beautiful Melbourne Australia) and wondering how is the situation in Bahrain due to unrest.

We are young family with 2 kids ( 6 yrs old starts school & 6 month old) and really love to hear from someone about the life in Bahrain due to unrest.

I am thinking whether to move or not but my company says, only media hype but daily life is as usual business for everyone in Bahrain.

Any advicse from you?

Thanking you
Shiv
if was staying in Harare or Darwin, I would have given it a deep thought, but I would never ever leave Melbourne for Bahrain. The only place in the Gulf that would be better than Melbourne is the UAE, that too if you get a pay raise.
Old Feb 7th 2012, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

popsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to allpopsicle is a name known to all

It is and it isn't all hype... As far as it goes, it is relatively safe here, but there is still definitely unrest which I don't see abating any time soon. You probably won't see riots, but you will be stuck in traffic jams as the police put out fires in the road, or after molotov cocktails in police cars, you will get to know the smellof teargas and you will hear the booms of exploding gas canisters etc. But I wouldn't massively want to be here if I was Indian as another poster said, there is obvious racism here, which I wouldn't think would mean that you would come under attack, but you would often be assumed to be a labourer. Your kids wouldn't HAVE to go to an Indian school though, I know plenty of kids from all over the world that go to the British schools. But just in terms of quality of life, I wouldn't move from Melbourne. It's a small place, there isn't a great deal to do and it's not really a cheap place to live either. Having said all that, depends what your situation is at the moment and whether they can throw enough money at you to make it worth your while.