Bahrain

Old Dec 21st 2010, 10:42 am
Banned

Le Man is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bahrain

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
I think we got that.

Depends how much (and how far) you want to get away from the ex...
I'm afraid i'd take her back in a second, so I need to get as far away as possible
Old Dec 21st 2010, 10:43 am
Banned

Le Man is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
I still think the Foreign Legion would be more fun.
Yeah, except for that possibility of getting killed part
Old Dec 21st 2010, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond reputeRonnie Biggs has a reputation beyond repute

Having lived in the UAE and Bahrain, I'd pick Bahrain every day of the week. (Almost) all the benefits with 100% less stress. In saying that, I have a young family - maybe if I was single I'd have another crack at Dubai, it really depends on your circumstances and what you want to get out of the experience.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 11:56 am
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great... just don't go blogging about the rulers...

"At the first hearing on 28 October, most of the defendants alleged that they were tortured in order to extract confessions, a charge the authorities deny.

In a written response to a request from the BBC to comment on the allegations, the government stated: "Standard procedures are applied fairly to all detainees in custody in line with the law. Their rights are being protected and no mistreatment has occurred."

Saeed Boumedouha of Amnesty International attended the first hearing as an observer, and confirms that when given the opportunity to speak, most of the defendants said they were tortured."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12000292

'Torture' of British Shia activist in Bahrain

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-11227914
Old Dec 21st 2010, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

clairec2507 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ronnie Biggs
Having lived in the UAE and Bahrain, I'd pick Bahrain every day of the week. (Almost) all the benefits with 100% less stress. In saying that, I have a young family - maybe if I was single I'd have another crack at Dubai, it really depends on your circumstances and what you want to get out of the experience.
Thank you - actually we don't have kids - just newlyweds that have found an opportunity and we have nothing holding us to the UK right now. I have since found out that an old school friend has moved from Qatar to Bahrain and he has given me an excellent perspective like all of you on the forum so thanks!!

There is a final meeting early January before the familiarisation journey is planned so I will let you know what our thoughts are then.

All the best,

Claire