Baby Planning

Old Jun 1st 2014, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Baby Planning

Originally Posted by archie159
The 12k visa fee (or whatever it is) is annual. BB2 doesn't use punctuation or grammar, so it is sometimes hard to understand what she means...

As I said before, if you want a detailed break down of typical maid costs (flights, visas, medical, salaries etc), head across to the link I provided earlier - there are plenty of people who have listed them all.

me never.......
use ......
punctation,
cant be .....
bothered lol
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

abudhabinewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

did anyone read the article in todays national regarding fees for domestic staff?

little snippet

“In addition to Dh12,500, expatriates need to pay immigration fees which is equivalent to the maid’s one year’s salary,” she said. “So if you’re paying her Dh1,500, you need to pay Dh18,000, which is non-refundable.”

so that means Dh30,500 in fees yearly plus 2000AED monthly salary. thats 54,000 per year not including flights, medical etc!

this no longer seems a viable option for us. does anyone else have any other ideas, apart from my wife not working ;-)
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 6:02 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

http://7daysindubai.com/new-contract...c-workers-uae/
The new government-approved contract will help stop “double contracts” in which a worker signs one in their home country only to discover that he or she has to sign a contract for a lower salary when they land in the UAE.

The new contract will also guarantee one day off a week and 14 days paid leave.

The Ministry of Interior announced the new amended domestic worker contract went into effect yesterday after months of negotiations with embassies and lawyers.

Lawyer Michael Barney Almazar, of Gulf Law legal firm, welcomed the provision that only the contract signed by a maid in her home country will be considered valid.

“Most Filipina domestic helpers will execute an agreement in the Philippines with a certain salary only to find out that they need to execute another contract in UAE with lower pay,” Almazar said. “I believe this has been addressed by the new law since it will require the amount of compensation in UAE to be agreed upon prior to the helper’s entry to UAE.”
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 6:35 am
BE Forum Addict

csdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond reputecsdf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by abudhabinewbie
did anyone read the article in todays national regarding fees for domestic staff?
I saw it. My only thought was perhaps that you wouldn't have to pay the 12,500 immigration fee if the maid was already in the country. But in any case, it seems like the costs (for expats, at least) have increased dramatically.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 10:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by csdf
I saw it. My only thought was perhaps that you wouldn't have to pay the 12,500 immigration fee if the maid was already in the country. But in any case, it seems like the costs (for expats, at least) have increased dramatically.
think it doesnt matter i know people who has just done renewals and subject to the increased fees, now the maid is in the country obviously. new rules as of 1 june.
Old Jun 2nd 2014, 10:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by abudhabinewbie

little snippet

“In addition to Dh12,500, expatriates need to pay immigration fees which is equivalent to the maid’s one year’s salary,” she said. “So if you’re paying her Dh1,500, you need to pay Dh18,000, which is non-refundable.”

so that means Dh30,500 in fees yearly plus 2000AED monthly salary. thats 54,000 per year not including flights, medical etc!

this no longer seems a viable option for us. does anyone else have any other ideas, apart from my wife not working ;-)
a lot of "jobs" here are not worth taking because it would cost you much more in covering any other associated costs, such as child care etc.. same as uk i suppose, but immigration are just now implementing a very very old rule, as it was 12 times salary, before you could actually put down a smaller amount x 12 which would mean a much smaller "deposit" so they are just implementing the rules as they stand. use an agency maid cost more per hour but perhaps not the same expense over the year.

other than that cheaper to not work!