Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Attesting documents?

Attesting documents?

Old Jun 6th 2008, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

QTtalkin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Attesting documents?

Quick Q: Im coming yout to teach in August and have to get my degree, etc documents attested and sent over within the next two weeks. I wondered - is it COPIES that i send away to be attested? Hopefully will be as Im not too keen to be sending away the originals when I only have one copy of them. Any help would be great.
x
Old Jun 6th 2008, 2:07 pm
Just Joined

Minna is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Attesting documents?

I took my original degree certificate to a local notary public solicitor. Who attested the said document and then sent the attested copy away for approval by the foriegn office and uae consulate all for the sum of £209. an earlier thread sums up all the running around you have to do if you turn up personally. The £209 was money well spent. as i am based in the north east of england and travelling down to london would have been a pain. I got my attested degree back in a week. Fly out Monday now so all go.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 2:27 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Minna
I took my original degree certificate to a local notary public solicitor. Who attested the said document and then sent the attested copy away for approval by the foriegn office and uae consulate all for the sum of £209. an earlier thread sums up all the running around you have to do if you turn up personally. The £209 was money well spent. as i am based in the north east of england and travelling down to london would have been a pain. I got my attested degree back in a week. Fly out Monday now so all go.

Damn i dont know whether to send my original away or not... Theyv asked that i get teh degree, final transcript, final high school grades and passport copy all attested...dunno what to do. Im in Scotland so going away down to London would be a pain too and i'd need a day off school for it...Argh, dont knwo what to do- and £209 - Better be worth it, lol. Im not away till August so u must let me know how u get on! Which school are you going to?
Old Jun 6th 2008, 2:37 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by QTtalkin
Quick Q: Im coming yout to teach in August and have to get my degree, etc documents attested and sent over within the next two weeks. I wondered - is it COPIES that i send away to be attested? Hopefully will be as Im not too keen to be sending away the originals when I only have one copy of them. Any help would be great.
x
Here's the information on attestation that I was just given:

Hi *****

Please find below the detailed steps in getting your certificates legalised and attested.

Step 1

Original or a photocopy of the Certificate stamped by a Notary Public or Solicitor

Step 2

Original or a photocopy of the Certificate endorsed by The Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the country which issued the document.

Contact number +442070081500

Step 3

Have the original or photocopy of the Certificate attested by a UAE Consulate or Embassy in Your Home Country.

Contact number +442075811281

Step 4

Have the above Certificate Stamped at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai.

Also find details of the agents who undertake this process in Dubai on clients behalf.

INDEX GROUP

P.O.Box 25793
Al Khaleej Center, 4th Floor, #405
Opp. Ramada Hotel
Bur Dubai - UAE

Tel: +971 4 3550888
Fax: 04 3518954

Email: [email protected]

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:02 pm
Just Joined

Minna is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry i am a Quantity Surveyor not a teacher.
Old Jun 6th 2008, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MacScot
Here's the information on attestation that I was just given:

Hi *****

Please find below the detailed steps in getting your certificates legalised and attested.

Step 1

Original or a photocopy of the Certificate stamped by a Notary Public or Solicitor

Step 2

Original or a photocopy of the Certificate endorsed by The Foreign and Commonwealth Office of the country which issued the document.

Contact number +442070081500

Step 3

Have the original or photocopy of the Certificate attested by a UAE Consulate or Embassy in Your Home Country.

Contact number +442075811281

Step 4

Have the above Certificate Stamped at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Dubai.

Also find details of the agents who undertake this process in Dubai on clients behalf.

INDEX GROUP

P.O.Box 25793
Al Khaleej Center, 4th Floor, #405
Opp. Ramada Hotel
Bur Dubai - UAE

Tel: +971 4 3550888
Fax: 04 3518954

Email: [email protected]

Hope this helps.
Thanks, thats great!
x
Old Jun 6th 2008, 7:48 pm
A bubbly-jock...

MacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond reputeMacScot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by QTtalkin
Thanks, thats great!
x
No worries...glad to be of help. I have to go through the same process...it's a new requirement.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 2:51 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/UAE_Degree_Creditation

In the wiki...any one got current fees they could plug into it for an update?