Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone know owt about Emirates credit card policy?

Anyone know owt about Emirates credit card policy?

Old May 30th 2008, 8:35 pm
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone know owt about Emirates credit card policy?

I need to buy tickets for Suzanne and Maddie to fly back from the UK to Dubai, but I can't do it online because if you do that, the cardholder has to be flying too - and I'm already, er, here.

Before I schlepp down to the Emirates office at Dnata on a possibly wasted mission, does anyone know if I can book tickets for other people on my card if I do it in person?
Old May 31st 2008, 4:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone know owt about Emirates credit card policy?

yeah, you can book tickets for other people on your card...but you could always use her card to book online...

MM, xx
Old May 31st 2008, 5:24 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
yeah, you can book tickets for other people on your card...but you could always use her card to book online...

MM, xx
Yep best book it online my hubby does it for me all the time when I go back. You just need to email them the e-tickets.
I have never needed the credit card to travel! Hubby wont let me have one

There are loads of cheap web sites for tickets from uk to Dubai. You can actually get them sent to their uk address if its a uk travel company.
Old May 31st 2008, 7:31 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
Yep best book it online
Erm - like I said in my original post, I can't, because if you do that then the cardholder (me) needs to be flying on the same itinerary. I can't do it with Suzanne's credit card because she doesn't have one (shock has been expressed by our bank that we only have, and indeed want, a single credit card).

Dnata trip it is then...
Old May 31st 2008, 7:50 am
Here comes the Sun

twinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond reputetwinkle-star has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eeyore
Erm - like I said in my original post, I can't, because if you do that then the cardholder (me) needs to be flying on the same itinerary. I can't do it with Suzanne's credit card because she doesn't have one (shock has been expressed by our bank that we only have, and indeed want, a single credit card).

Dnata trip it is then...
And as i stated I have flown all the time on my own WITHOUT any credit card at all. my hubby books it on line using his credit card.
There is a part on the booking process on some sites that asks if the cardholder will be travelling with you and you say NO!

Ive flown Emirates loads of time booked with his credit card never once been asked to produce it?

Is someone telling you a load of B****cks???
Old May 31st 2008, 11:09 am
Soupy twist

Originally Posted by twinkle-star
There is a part on the booking process on some sites that asks if the cardholder will be travelling with you and you say NO!
Yes... but that's not a universal thing. It doesn't apply in all cases. It depends on the air travel security policies of the countries you are flying between, and the airline.

If you are flying between the UK and UAE and booking online with Emirates, the cardholder *has* to be one of the travellers. It's policy. Therefore, as Suzanne does not have a credit card in her own name, I could not book her tickets online.

Ive flown Emirates loads of time booked with his credit card never once been asked to produce it?
I've never been asked to produce it either when booking online in my own name. But that's not the point. The point is that you simply cannot pay by credit card on the Emirates online booking system if the cardholder is not one of the travellers. You cannot enter any cardholder names other than the adults actually travelling, and entering Suzanne's name with my credit card details would result in a declined transaction - for (hopefully) obvious reasons.

Is someone telling you a load of B****cks???
Nope, you've just got the wrong end of the stick.

Happily, you *can* book tickets for other people on Emirates if you go in person to Dnata. Only a one-hour queue today
Old May 31st 2008, 12:15 pm
Here comes the Sun

Yes... but that's not a universal thing. It doesn't apply in all cases. It depends on the air travel security policies of the countries you are flying between, and the airline.

If you are flying between the UK and UAE and booking online with Emirates, the cardholder *has* to be one of the travellers. It's policy. Therefore, as Suzanne does not have a credit card in her own name, I could not book her tickets online.

I've never been asked to produce it either when booking online in my own name. But that's not the point. The point is that you simply cannot pay by credit card on the Emirates online booking system if the cardholder is not one of the travellers. You cannot enter any cardholder names other than the adults actually travelling, and entering Suzanne's name with my credit card details would result in a declined transaction - for (hopefully) obvious reasons.

Nope, you've just got the wrong end of the stick.

Happily, you *can* book tickets for other people on Emirates if you go in person to Dnata. Only a one-hour queue today
Ive come from the Uk to Dubai via Emirates and NEVER had my own credit card. Perhaps hubby rung them up then? He wouldnt go all that way and queue up to get me a ticket perhaps its changed???
I flew Abu to UK return this time and via BA much easier to book and see flight prices. It just has cr@p food....
Old May 31st 2008, 11:04 pm
Forum Regular

andrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud ofandrewpops has much to be proud of

I need to buy tickets for Suzanne and Maddie to fly back from the UK to Dubai, but I can't do it online because if you do that, the cardholder has to be flying too - and I'm already, er, here.

Before I schlepp down to the Emirates office at Dnata on a possibly wasted mission, does anyone know if I can book tickets for other people on my card if I do it in person?
Etihad has the same policy on online sales, i just use a normal travel agent (Thomas Cook) to book and pay for the ticket - no problemos.
Old Jun 7th 2008, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

IndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond reputeIndieG has a reputation beyond repute

Better not take any chances - a lot of passengers have been turned away at the airport. Just get her a supplementary card and then do the booking...

http://www.gulfnews.com/nation/Trave.../10219159.html