Reload this Page >

Assistant/ Associate Professor salary and Package in UAE University

Assistant/ Associate Professor salary and Package in UAE University

Old Sep 13th 2016, 2:36 am
Just Joined

fir.ahm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Assistant/ Associate Professor salary and Package in UAE University

Hi
I am expecting an interview call from UAE University soon and getting ready for the same. Currently I am an Assistant Professor at a reputed university in USA. I have 4 and half years as postdoc and 2 and half years as an Assistant Professor experience. Can any one please guide what position/salary/package should I ask. With 7 years post-PhD experience, I think I deserve Associate Professor position.

Thanks for suggestions
Old Sep 13th 2016, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice
Default Re: Assistant/ Associate Professor salary and Package in UAE University

Originally Posted by fir.ahm
Hi
I am expecting an interview call from UAE University soon and getting ready for the same. Currently I am an Assistant Professor at a reputed university in USA. I have 4 and half years as postdoc and 2 and half years as an Assistant Professor experience. Can any one please guide what position/salary/package should I ask. With 7 years post-PhD experience, I think I deserve Associate Professor position.

Thanks for suggestions
What passport/ethnicity do you have? This has a major bearing on your package.
Old Sep 13th 2016, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

fir.ahm is an unknown quantity at this point

I am holding a passport from India although currently I am a permanent resident of USA (green card holder).
Thanks
Old Sep 14th 2016, 8:43 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

I am holding a passport from India although currently I am a permanent resident of USA (green card holder).
Thanks
you sure you want to make this move? Saudi's tend to treat all non-white ethnicities like a piece of s h * t.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 6:15 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
Get your USA passport first, and get yourself to some elocution lessons.

"I am holding a passport from" marks you as non native. Natives would say "I have a USA/UK passport" or similar.

With an Indian passport and accent and way of talking, you will get a significantly lower package, that will be marginally better than you would get in India.

Become a passport holding citizen of the USA, with associated accent and way of talking, and you will get a better package. You may still be treated badly because of the colour of your skin, but that is the way of the world.

You may not like what I say, you may find it unfair, but this is how life works in the Middle East.
Old Sep 16th 2016, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I second what has been said here. Emiratis and Khaleejis do not give much respect to "Hindis". I would say that the sensible move is to stay in the USA - or at least get your US citizenship sorted before moving to the Gulf as a migrant worker.
Old Sep 21st 2016, 7:36 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

Thirded. The local mindset here is that your package is mainly driven by where you are from, not what you know or what experience you have.. It may sound racist, cause it is, heavily so, but its the way this place is...
Old Sep 21st 2016, 8:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
I second what has been said here. Emiratis and Khaleejis do not give much respect to "Hindis". I would say that the sensible move is to stay in the USA - or at least get your US citizenship sorted before moving to the Gulf as a migrant worker.
I was once working on a project in Saudi to find an operator for one for their airports. We were going through the list of companies who had met the qualification criteria for the tender.

The client: "Please Millhouse, find a way to get rid of the Indians. I don't mind Christians running this airport, but not the Hindus".

Me: "Happy to do so"

Old Sep 21st 2016, 9:17 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Fourthed. (If that's even a word. But I'd be able to get away with it, because ...)
Old Sep 21st 2016, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

dominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond reputedominoman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I was once working on a project in Saudi to find an operator for one for their airports. We were going through the list of companies who had met the qualification criteria for the tender.

The client: "Please Millhouse, find a way to get rid of the Indians. I don't mind Christians running this airport, but not the Hindus".

Me: "Happy to do so"

That is terrible.

Thank God that kind of overt discrimination is a thing of the past here in the UK
Old Sep 21st 2016, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Fourthed. (If that's even a word. But I'd be able to get away with it, because ...)
And fifthed. Although that sounds like a dirty sexual act spoken with a lisp.