Arriving in KSI

Old Dec 23rd 2014, 7:40 pm
Just Joined

Robert 46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arriving in KSI

I have been offered a position working for Sipchem and expect to arrive in Saudi mid March. Not sure which compound I will staying at, so a bit nervous at the moment. Has anyone got any experience working for them, or any comment about their compounds?
Old Dec 23rd 2014, 7:41 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Arriving in KSI

Would have been better if I'd have put KSA!!
Old Dec 24th 2014, 6:25 am
Just Joined

SignalsRugbyDog is an unknown quantity at this point

I've not heard of Sipchem but you imply that they have their own compounds. Do you know where you will be working as each town has very different characteristics? If you have to live in one of their compounds rather than finding your own, then the question can probably only be answered by another Sipchem employee.

Have you tried to look on the internet at their accommodation and tried to call the compound manager?
Old Dec 24th 2014, 10:19 am
Just Joined

Tried looking for their compounds but it looks as though they are still under construction, so I will be in temporary accommodation until completion, on another compound. The company is based in Jubail.

Any Sipchem employees out there??
Old Dec 29th 2014, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

I've been told that I may be staying at the Bajrai Garden Village. Has anyone got any views or first hand experience of it?
Old Jan 1st 2015, 11:10 am
Just Joined

cormacsfl is an unknown quantity at this point

I live in Al Jubail industrial city center, in the Plaza accommodation, its a pit, I had to get them change bed as was too small, when at work cleaners come and only 1/3 clean 3 days a week, floor is always dirty, AC's are noisy, traffic too, problems with tv, phone and internet signal (which is common in Saudi hence poor quality Skype if at all) was the same in Khobar and Riyadh when i worked there too!. Its slave labor here begin at 6am finish at 6pm x 6days a week, no proper gym, but go for evening walks on cornice/ beach front some evenings. Only will last another 6 Months max to pay off bills at home and accumulate some $$ good luck and Happy New Year
Old Jan 4th 2015, 1:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Arriving in KSA

when at work cleaners come and only 1/3 clean 3 days a week

LOL! Cleaners.

floor is always dirty

Dirt tends to traipse in from the desert...

traffic too

All those oil worker expats with noisy SUV's......

and internet signal (which is common in Saudi hence poor quality Skype if at all) was the same in Khobar and Riyadh when i worked there too!

3g/4g known to be terrible in Jubail. Riyadh is hit and miss dependent on which Exit you're at, and whether you bought your internet from a kiosk and got throttled. Are you not on fibre optics at the accommodation? As for Skype, turn your VPN on. The government is choking Skype.

Its slave labor here begin at 6am finish at 6pm x 6days a week

Didn't you examine your contract before coming over?

And, lucky you in the New City. Try living downwind of the refineries and you'll experience real bewilderment.
Old Mar 9th 2015, 11:56 am
Just Joined

smitha is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Robert

How long after the interview did they make you an offer?
I had an interview with Sipchem in Bahrain in mid-February, in which they indicated there intention to make me an offer. They have requested some of my documents, but have not yet made me an offer