Reload this Page >

Apostilling docs for Oman

Apostilling docs for Oman

Old Aug 1st 2014, 6:25 am
Forum Regular

jinoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apostilling docs for Oman

Hi,

I was asked to do a full apostille of my marriage certificate (issued in india) and the birth certificate of my daughter (issued in UK) for the visa process. My company here did it for us, apparently, for the marriage certificate, a copy has been initially notarised and then the apostilling by the foreign office done on the copy where as for the birth certificate, the apostilling was done straight away on the original document. Maybe they didn't require a notary attestation on the birth certificate as it was issued in UK but does that mean I will lose the original birth certificate of my child to Oman authorities, does any one know if Oman Police would retain these documents?

In which case I'd probably request for another issue of my child's birth certificate while I'm still here in UK.

Thanks for your help..
Old Aug 1st 2014, 8:22 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apostilling docs for Oman

No idea - Oman's document requirements are random. Each company & visa requires different things as far as I can tell! Over 6 years here, and I still don't know!
You'll have to ask your PRO.
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

jinoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Apostilling docs for Oman

Thanks OS, will speak to our office...