Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Apartment complexes in Riyadh

Apartment complexes in Riyadh

Old Aug 2nd 2023, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

ghurabaa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Apartment complexes in Riyadh

I have just moved to Riyadh and have company provided accommodation for 3 weeks and I need to look for a place to live, my office is near the Hittin/Nakheel area so it makes sense to live on that side - I have ruled out compounds as they are far too expensive and the ones that I would consider are full.

Can I get some recommendations on apartment complexes, I have come across Al Majdiah apartments that look quite nice but also looking to be around some english speaking expats as my Arabic is non existent

Thanks!
Old Aug 9th 2023, 8:36 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apartment complexes in Riyadh

Originally Posted by ghurabaa
I have just moved to Riyadh and have company provided accommodation for 3 weeks and I need to look for a place to live, my office is near the Hittin/Nakheel area so it makes sense to live on that side - I have ruled out compounds as they are far too expensive and the ones that I would consider are full.

Can I get some recommendations on apartment complexes, I have come across Al Majdiah apartments that look quite nice but also looking to be around some english speaking expats as my Arabic is non existent

Thanks!
You'll struggle to find apartments with many Western expats off compound. You may find English speaking expats but they're gonna be arab/Asian and you won't be mixing much socially

Best thing you can do if you don't want to live in compound is get to know people who do, and then your social circle will develop.

​​​​​​
Old Aug 15th 2023, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

OluOlu is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ghurabaa

Thanks!
Hi, I am due to be in Riyadh next month, I have also been contemplating the same thing. The compounds are ridiculously priced compared to Gen Pop.
Have you found an area with English speaking expats?
Old Aug 18th 2023, 7:37 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OluOlu
Hi, I am due to be in Riyadh next month, I have also been contemplating the same thing. The compounds are ridiculously priced compared to Gen Pop.
Have you found an area with English speaking expats?
Outside of compounds, the only places you'll find many Westerners will be shopping malls, plazas etc.

People drive everywhere.

Old Sep 6th 2023, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

NHNH2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

What are the going rates for compounds? And any recommendations?

thanks