Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anywhere like Maplin in Dubai? Need electronic components

Anywhere like Maplin in Dubai? Need electronic components

Old Sep 1st 2010, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road
Default Anywhere like Maplin in Dubai? Need electronic components

You guys have helped me with a great tool shop, so does anyone know of any places in Dubai that sell electronic components (resistors, diodes, capacitors etc), like Maplin in the UK?
Old Sep 1st 2010, 10:18 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anywhere like Maplin in Dubai? Need electronic components

Originally Posted by Bungdit Din
You guys have helped me with a great tool shop, so does anyone know of any places in Dubai that sell electronic components (resistors, diodes, capacitors etc), like Maplin in the UK?
Radio Shack in Deira City Centre?
Old Sep 1st 2010, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Installations Middle East, SZR near Safestway. Some stock but rather expensive. Will order from RS components UK. Order on Thu here on Sun etc. 3433444

But the best place to go is Naif Road souk (Electronics). If you stand on the junction of the road from the Hyatt to Nasser Sq and Naif Road walk about 100 metres towards SHJ and its there on your right behind a 5 or 10 dhm car park. That is your best bet in my opinion. Or you can order from DGM (Deira General Marketing 2545777 who are the agents for Farnell, but takes time.

Or finally Popular Electronics. If you cross Maktoum Br from Dubai side drive straight ahead, down under the small underpass, going straight to the traffic lights. Thurn right here and its about 10 metres around the corner on your way to Mitsubishi showroom. Good luck.

Last edited by Jim Smith; Sep 1st 2010 at 10:56 am.
Old Sep 1st 2010, 11:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roadking
Radio Shack in Deira City Centre?
When I was last in Radio Shack I was told that they were pulling out of the country and closing all branches.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 5:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Millsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond reputeMillsyisland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
When I was last in Radio Shack I was told that they were pulling out of the country and closing all branches.
The one in Marina Mall Abu Dhabi has already gone.
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

Bungdit Din is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by EmiratesMillhouse
Not surprising! They had already become just another telephone shop! Used to enjoy going to Radio Shack when I worked in Canada many years ago! But by the time it arrived here, it didn't sell many components and tools etc.
Old Sep 20th 2010, 9:01 am