Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone who lives in the Springs...

Anyone who lives in the Springs...

Old Jul 28th 2005, 8:37 am
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone who lives in the Springs...

Or Springs 15 to be specific...

Our cat Molly went missing this morning. She is a house cat so not used to being outside. So we are extremely worried for her.
She is a tabby and white female, very petite and very friendly (picture attached).

We would appreciate it if any of you live in this area to check to make sure see hasn't crawled into any external cuboards around your villas or in your garden.

If you do happen to find/see her, please contact us on either: 04 362 9136 or 050 254 9192.

Cheers guys

Zannie x
Attached Thumbnails Anyone who lives in the Springs...-molly.jpg  
Old Jul 28th 2005, 2:42 pm
A Natural Blonde

Zannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond reputeZannie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone who lives in the Springs...

Panic over!

By sheer chance, we discovered that she'd found a hidey-hole behind the kitchen cabinets above the cooker - even though there wasn't any obvious way to get behind them. She's been there since before lunchtime, the little cow...

Still, only too relieved to know she's alright!
Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:00 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Zannie
Panic over!

By sheer chance, we discovered that she'd found a hidey-hole behind the kitchen cabinets above the cooker - even though there wasn't any obvious way to get behind them. She's been there since before lunchtime, the little cow...

Still, only too relieved to know she's alright!
congratulations.
Old Jul 30th 2005, 3:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

How I love happy endings
Old Jul 30th 2005, 8:07 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by kelvynd
How I love happy endings
and cats?
Old Jul 30th 2005, 8:27 am
W10

Glad the cat is safe.

I nearly ran over a cat in the Springs the other day, then I came on and read this thread...

Old Jul 30th 2005, 9:09 am
A Natural Blonde

Originally Posted by W10
Glad the cat is safe.

I nearly ran over a cat in the Springs the other day, then I came on and read this thread...

In your new VR6!!!

Just as well puss was tucked up behind the cupboard then!!

Zannie x
Old Jul 30th 2005, 9:15 am
W10

Didn't buy it in the end.

It blew a head gasket the day I was going to look at it...so lucky escape there!!

Old Jul 30th 2005, 9:43 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

There is a 1995 Corrado on the board at the marina spinneys for 12000 dhs...unless this is the one you were talking about, wouldn't be bad for a quick little car to beat the hell out of.
Old Jul 30th 2005, 9:45 am
W10

That's the car.

It was only the head gasket that blew, so it was very fixable but some guy offered him Dh6,000 for the car and he took it, which was fair enough as I didn't have time to faff around with getting it repaired (or sourcing another engine)

Old Jul 30th 2005, 9:55 am
A Natural Blonde

Originally Posted by W10
That's the car.

It was only the head gasket that blew, so it was very fixable but some guy offered him Dh6,000 for the car and he took it, which was fair enough as I didn't have time to faff around with getting it repaired (or sourcing another engine)
Was in that Spinneys yesterday and the advert is still there. They are lovely cars (we had a L Reg Golf VR6 until two months ago), but at tens years old + they could start to have serious problems, however our golf at almost 200,000 miles on the clock is still going strong... after a new cylinder head!! But still on the same clutch and gearbox...

However, looks like you had a lucky escape with this one!

Zannie x
Old Jul 30th 2005, 9:57 am
W10

Kind of. I was tempted to buy it for Dh6,000 and have it repaired.

Corrado VR6 is one of the sweetest cars I ever owned.

Old Jul 30th 2005, 11:05 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

damn, i would have bought that thing for 6k, i've replaced head gaskets with my eyes closed...
Old Jul 30th 2005, 11:35 am
W10

What preyed on my mind was that it was a Jap import and had apparently only doner 100,000km.

Now VR6 engines are rock soild normally so it would lead you to the conclusion that either:

1, The engine had been thrashed mercilessly in Japan

or

2, It was clocked before it was sold to the guy in the UAE and had really done a few more than 100,000km.

Old Jul 30th 2005, 11:40 am
W10

Originally Posted by TA5
damn, i would have bought that thing for 6k, i've replaced head gaskets with my eyes closed...
Didn't you find tricky when putting the rocker back on?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.