Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone stay in the Al Jude compound Jubail

Anyone stay in the Al Jude compound Jubail

Old Sep 18th 2013, 6:38 am
Forum Regular

Howie1973 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone stay in the Al Jude compound Jubail

Just wondering if anyone stays or has stayed in the Al Jude compound in Jubail and what was it like.

thansk
Old Sep 19th 2013, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Beakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to beholdBeakersful is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Anyone stay in the Al Jude compound Jubail

No idea on what life is like in the expensive compounds there, did have a brief look at one point though.

It's at the south end of the old city, you'll need a car to get yourself to the new city about 25-30kms north for malls with western shopping, Xtra, Saco, Jarir, Applebees, nice clean areas and a calmer mind. The old city is a bit like Batha in Riyadh, quite run down. I also heard from a local with a marriage bureau that there's only 5 or 6 single women in Jubail. He may have meant the old city.

Still, you're more convenient for the causeway.....
Old Nov 20th 2013, 5:55 am
Just Joined

JohanitaJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone stay in the Al Jude compound Jubail

My husband lives there and also my sister and her husband and children. It's not a fancy compound but they all love it very much. My sister and her husband and kids have lived there for 5 years now. And there's a little shop, a restaurant, a gym and an olympic size pool. All the houses have aircon, fully furnished and also has dish washer, tumble dry and washing machine. The only thing you really need to buy is a microwave and a water cooler thingy - because you can't drink water from the tap. It's very safe - the kids can play outside till late - on their own. Hope this helps.