Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone moving to the Arabian Ranches?

Anyone moving to the Arabian Ranches?

Old Nov 11th 2004, 11:07 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone moving to the Arabian Ranches?

Originally Posted by dubaihammer
We have bought at the ranches on phase 1. We will be amongst the first to move in at the end of December. We have managed to get in to our villa on a few occasions during construction to check on the quality, and to be frank, we have been disappointed by the carelessness of the workers. Many tiles have been smashed, and paint splashed about with gay abandon all over the kitchen units. Hopefully, all this will be rectified before we move in. If you would like to see photos, e-mail me and I will send some.

DH that's terrible and you're not alone!! Emaar r obviously way over schedule and over budget, they are cutting back in every way they can. Make sure you have your snag list at the ready!!! We found that they were quite willing to change tiles and cupboard doors etc with little fuss, though having said that I do know some people who have had a lot of trouble with this. Good luck.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 11:52 am
Just Joined

dubaihammer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jellybean
DH that's terrible and you're not alone!! Emaar r obviously way over schedule and over budget, they are cutting back in every way they can. Make sure you have your snag list at the ready!!! We found that they were quite willing to change tiles and cupboard doors etc with little fuss, though having said that I do know some people who have had a lot of trouble with this. Good luck.
Thanks Jellybean,
We have been building our snag list up over the last few weeks. It's a shame as the quality of the building itself does not seem too bad. It's just the finishings that leave a lot to be desired.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Thanks Jellybean,
We have been building our snag list up over the last few weeks. It's a shame as the quality of the building itself does not seem too bad. It's just the finishings that leave a lot to be desired.

Don't despair, you will get used to it. Been there, done it. Lifestyle in Dubai makes you forget about small imperfections after a while and you get to laugh about them.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

Elles is on a distinguished road

Thanks Jellybean,
Emaar seem to have gone down hill on the finish of all the recent properties.....The Lakes, meadows 1 and the first lot of apartments on the Greens are far better quality to what they are now doing....and to top it off they knew how many properties they had planning permission for yet they still haven't sorted out the roads and other infrastrucure......Nahkeel seems to have got it right.!
Old Nov 11th 2004, 5:02 pm
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elles
Emaar seem to have gone down hill on the finish of all the recent properties.....The Lakes, meadows 1 and the first lot of apartments on the Greens are far better quality to what they are now doing....and to top it off they knew how many properties they had planning permission for yet they still haven't sorted out the roads and other infrastrucure......Nahkeel seems to have got it right.!

You r quite right E Emaar have totally F**ked up on planning, lots of disputes with Jumeira Islands over land etc. That's why Meadows 9 is in such a state.
Old Nov 11th 2004, 5:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

You r quite right E Emaar have totally F**ked up on planning, lots of disputes with Jumeira Islands over land etc. That's why Meadows 9 is in such a state.
What is wrong with Meadows 9?
Old Nov 11th 2004, 5:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
What is wrong with Meadows 9?

Well, you will notice the temp road??? Also that the originally planned 21 houses that were supposed to be built on the right hand side of that road are not there!!!!!!!! That is because it is JI land. So 21 villas were relocated inside M 9....a bit of a squash no?? Large lakes, pitiful playgrounds and no pool.......yet. Whereas M2 has several playgrounds, large lakes and 2 pools to my knowledge.

Ok so M9 peeps a wee bit miffed and pissed off complain. So a pool is being built but still they have to bump up and down a bloody temp road every day. Farcical to say the least. Also believe it or not...you will, they ran out of toilets by the time they got to M9. Yes they have toilets but whoa betide anybody who's toilet fails....they must have a waiting list. Some had to crap in cracked toilets for weeks before they were changed....nice!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2004, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Well, you will notice the temp road??? Also that the originally planned 21 houses that were supposed to be built on the right hand side of that road are not there!!!!!!!! That is because it is JI land. So 21 villas were relocated inside M 9....a bit of a squash no?? Large lakes, pitiful playgrounds and no pool.......yet. Whereas M2 has several playgrounds, large lakes and 2 pools to my knowledge.

Ok so M9 peeps a wee bit miffed and pissed off complain. So a pool is being built but still they have to bump up and down a bloody temp road every day. Farcical to say the least. Also believe it or not...you will, they ran out of toilets by the time they got to M9. Yes they have toilets but whoa betide anybody who's toilet fails....they must have a waiting list. Some had to crap in cracked toilets for weeks before they were changed....nice!!!!

:scared: :scared: Dear me...Why does it seem all of these new residential projects I am interested in have terrible horror-stories that go along with them (crosses M9 off list of places would like to move into)
I bet those ones were the tip of the iceberg too
Old Nov 11th 2004, 5:33 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
:scared: :scared: Dear me...Why does it seem all of these new residential projects I am interested in have terrible horror-stories that go along with them (crosses M9 off list of places would like to move into)
I bet those ones were the tip of the iceberg too

Honestly I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, BUT there are a lot of happy people here!!!! I am just chickenshit when it comes to investment. Hey, they will be OK all in profit margins and they are not gonna fall down. Ok I heard that Emaar have only built a fraction of what is in demand...even when EH and AR is finished.....frightening really. Everything on EH and so far AR is sold that is available, whether it be to private or RE....there aren't many empty houses on our road!!!
Old Nov 11th 2004, 5:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Honestly I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, BUT there are a lot of happy people here!!!! I am just chickenshit when it comes to investment. Hey, they will be OK all in profit margins and they are not gonna fall down. Ok I heard that Emaar have only built a fraction of what is in demand...even when EH and AR is finished.....frightening really. Everything on EH and so far AR is sold that is available, whether it be to private or RE....there aren't many empty houses on our road!!!
Sent you a PM darling!!!