Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anyone moving to the Arabian Ranches?

Anyone moving to the Arabian Ranches?

Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:16 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice
Default Anyone moving to the Arabian Ranches?

Hi all!

I've just noticed the scary property stories on the other threads. Has anyone occupied a home at the Ranches yet? Have these fared any better? Also, what phase is being released next?
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone moving to the Arabian Ranches?

I do not think anyone lives on the Ranches yet, the first ones move in this December I believe. I have a friend moving there next March and from what I have been told their particular phase has not been delayed, so hopefully the quality will be good!! I have been out there to have a look at them as we are considering selling our house in the area we are currently in and moving closer to the city, we are quite far out where we live now!!!
The construction seemed to be like the current EMAAR developments now, same type of design and concept, townhouses and detached houses but only time will tell how good the workmanship is!!!
Are you considering taking the plunge and buying as well, Cherrypie??
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:45 pm
Simply Brilliant

Cherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really niceCherrypie is just really nice

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
I do not think anybody lives on the Ranches yet, the first ones move in this December I believe. I have a friend moving there next March and from what I have been told their particular phase has not been delayed, so hopefully the quality will be good!! I have been out there to have a look at them as we are considering selling our house in the area we are currently in and moving closer to the city, we are quite far out where we live now!!!
The construction seemed to be like the current EMAAR developments now, same type of design and concept, townhouses and detached houses but only time will tell how good the workmanship is!!!
Are you considering taking the plunge and buying as well, Cherrypie??
Hello DubaiExpat!

I was going to buy in phase 3 or was it 4 (can't quite remember which one they released in Aug/Sep), not least because JESS is building a school there and I'd decided to buy debentures . As it happens, I've ended up back in the UK but I do still fancy the Ranches, lol!

Might be easier to get another apt though. I have purchased one at the Greens, which has done well but it's so small! (I don't much like the Greens either to be honest.) My brother's bought at the Burj but the apts were snapped up so fast, it was ridiculous.

It's much better to live close to the city, I think...a lot of the to-buy developments are out in the sticks.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

DubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud ofDubaiExpat has much to be proud of

Hello Cherrypie!!!
The whole thing is so muddling, and I cannot understand the way things are bought here to be honest. Sales are announced a day before and when you go you see people all over the place as if you are in a market!!
And if you wait and buy in the resale market you have to pay a sizeable premium, so it is a bit of a lose-lose situation!! Can't stand crowds and can't stand premiums! If you don't mind me asking you, what part of the Ranches were you looking at buying in? Was it the townhouses or the detached villas? I have done a little research on the Arabian Ranches but haven't been able to come up with much, I'll probably find it a lot easier to make a decision once people have moved in there. Hopefully then we will find out if it is good value for money there!!!
Old Oct 26th 2004, 8:11 pm
Simply Brilliant

Originally Posted by DubaiExpat
Hello Cherrypie!!!
The whole thing is so muddling, and I cannot understand the way things are bought here to be honest. Sales are announced a day before and when you go you see people all over the place as if you are in a market!!
And if you wait and buy in the resale market you have to pay a sizeable premium, so it is a bit of a lose-lose situation!! Can't stand crowds and can't stand premiums! If you don't mind me asking you, what part of the Ranches were you looking at buying in? Was it the townhouses or the detached villas? I have done a little research on the Arabian Ranches but haven't been able to come up with much, I'll probably find it a lot easier to make a decision once people have moved in there. Hopefully then we will find out if it is good value for money there!!!
I think it was phase 3 but the Ranches itself....the detached villas. The townhouses (Gazelle? development) are much further out. The good thing about this phase was that for the first time, they were going to have 4 bed properties too and were planning on improving the layouts of the villas, based on feed-back they'd had over the past couple of years.

The problem is they release a notice in the press a few days before and have very little info beforehand. When I went to visit, the sales guy was fantastic and gave so much 'inside' info that the telephone staff just don't give you when you call. (It's just "Sorry ma'am...I have no details..." ) This guy also gave me his mobile no. to call him on for further info. So, you should go to the sales office and get a direct mobile no ...as the call centre telephone staff are useless.

It is touch and go because for one, you could miss the release date and if you do make it, it's a bloody stampede and quite a pressurised way to buy!

I think the Ranches is a very good bet though, especially with it being so close to Dubailand...it'll be like living next to Disneyland...it has to positively impact the house prices.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 3:24 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
I think it was phase 3 but the Ranches itself....the detached villas. The townhouses (Gazelle? development) are much further out. The good thing about this phase was that for the first time, they were going to have 4 bed properties too and were planning on improving the layouts of the villas, based on feed-back they'd had over the past couple of years.

The problem is they release a notice in the press a few days before and have very little info beforehand. When I went to visit, the sales guy was fantastic and gave so much 'inside' info that the telephone staff just don't give you when you call. (It's just "Sorry ma'am...I have no details..." ) This guy also gave me his mobile no. to call him on for further info. So, you should go to the sales office and get a direct mobile no ...as the call centre telephone staff are useless.

It is touch and go because for one, you could miss the release date and if you do make it, it's a bloody stampede and quite a pressurised way to buy!

I think the Ranches is a very good bet though, especially with it being so close to Dubailand...it'll be like living next to Disneyland...it has to positively impact the house prices.

Not sure what phase but they were selling a Hattan site and Al Mahara, all have 4, 5, 6 & 7 bed houses, have prices if you are interested. BUT none of these will be ready until 2007!!!! These were the only ones selling a week ago, not sure how many are left, they are also direct from Emmar.

Senior school section of JESS will not be open until 2007 either. Build quality same as Meadows...crap.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 6:08 am
Beduoin_Boy

Originally Posted by Cherrypie
Hi all!

I've just noticed the scary property stories on the other threads. Has anyone occupied a home at the Ranches yet? Have these fared any better? Also, what phase is being released next?

Don't take these posts seriously...! The arbian ranches is a wonderfull place and actually i have been there even at the time of construction. The only problem is that the house close to the highway are noisy as there is a lot of heavy vehicle movement....! The place is wonderful, once you enter the ranches its like you are driving through the desert and end up in an Oasis. BREATHTAKING!

Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:08 am
Banned

Jellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond reputeJellybean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beduoin_Boy
Don't take these posts seriously...! The arbian ranches is a wonderfull place and actually i have been there even at the time of construction. The only problem is that the house close to the highway are noisy as there is a lot of heavy vehicle movement....! The place is wonderful, once you enter the ranches its like you are driving through the desert and end up in an Oasis. BREATHTAKING!
Are we talking about the same place BB It's still mainly a building site I think it will be nice although nothing Emmar promises comes to fruition at the moment....so don't take much notice of the pictures.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:20 am
Remember

Desert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond reputeDesert Dweller has a reputation beyond repute

They can't be as bad as Union Properties- I swear they are such cowboys that they have tumbleweed rolling around their offices!
Old Oct 27th 2004, 9:22 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't been, but my buddy went and looked at places at the arabian ranches, and had nothing but good things to say about them. Obviously this is in terms of design and not build, that we will see in the future. I wouldn't be caught dead in springs/lakes/meadows/greens right now, if for no other reason than the quagmire that is interchange 5. I thank God I live in DM and don't have to deal with that at all, as there are strategic ways of bypassing IC5 in the evening and there is no wait to get onto SZR from marina in the morning (using IC5 from the marina side). But i can see IC5 in the morning and all the traffic coming from greens and the villas, and really feel sorry for all of them. Also in the evening as it is the only way to get across SZR for quite a ways.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TA5
I haven't been, but my buddy went and looked at places at the arabian ranches, and had nothing but good things to say about them. Obviously this is in terms of design and not build, that we will see in the future. I wouldn't be caught dead in springs/lakes/meadows/greens right now, if for no other reason than the quagmire that is interchange 5. I thank God I live in DM and don't have to deal with that at all, as there are strategic ways of bypassing IC5 in the evening and there is no wait to get onto SZR from marina in the morning (using IC5 from the marina side). But i can see IC5 in the morning and all the traffic coming from greens and the villas, and really feel sorry for all of them. Also in the evening as it is the only way to get across SZR for quite a ways.
There are strategic ways of bypassing SZR altogether from the Lakes. Depends where ur going though - if IC or MC would be trickier.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 10:34 am
Beduoin_Boy

Originally Posted by Jellybean
Are we talking about the same place BB It's still mainly a building site I think it will be nice although nothing Emmar promises comes to fruition at the moment....so don't take much notice of the pictures.

JB, I was there while they were contructing it... It is very good quality not to mention the exotic arabian surrounding.

Old Oct 27th 2004, 11:09 am
TA5
Banned (Always Correct)

TA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond reputeTA5 has a reputation beyond repute

lakes lassie, i take it you are talking about '44'
Old Oct 27th 2004, 11:16 am
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by TA5
lakes lassie, i take it you are talking about '44'
That's the one. Slightly longer distance wise to school etc but such a joy compared to I5. Took 20 mins this morning to drive the 20k to son's school from the house & took 30 mins yesterday to get to AUD via I5. Probably would have been quicker going to I4 then down Al Sufouh Road.
Old Oct 27th 2004, 11:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Palm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nicePalm Tree is just really nice

Originally Posted by Beduoin_Boy
JB, I was there while they were contructing it... It is very good quality not to mention the exotic arabian surrounding.

Well, now I am convinced you must be working for Emaar or seeking a job with them! Get them to pay you at least some commission. I shall put a nice word in for you, made some friends through my daily list of complaints.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.