Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

For anyone about to land in Bahrain

For anyone about to land in Bahrain

Old Feb 26th 2012, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: For anyone about to land in Bahrain

Originally Posted by crazyirish
yes exactly!!!!! im thinking that if i was to introduce saunas and hot tubs people could buy and have in there own compounds and who knows anything could happen !!!!!!! everyone would be happy
Lmao, are you sharing a compound with Arabis ? I mean habaya and dish dash wearing Arabis and not Lebos !

Whilst the former will not be best chuffed with you and your European chums in bikinis and budgie smugglers sharing a hot tub; the Lebos will embrace it with a passion leaving a film of grease on top of the bubbles that will coat the afore mentioned barely dressed in something akin to the poor little gulls after the Exon Valdez sprang a leak.

Either way it will end in tears.
Old Feb 26th 2012, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

leesk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chipsnsalsa
I was reading in the Gulf Daily News online articles to the effect that this proposed ending of visa on arrival has already come into effect. Does anyone know if that's true? Anyone entered in the last few days?
I arrived on Thursday and although I sucessfully applied for a 3 month evisa online for my son, they would only give him 2 weeks at the airport. We now have to go to Exhibition Rd to see if we can get it extended to 3 months. I would like to hear more about this from others too.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

westendgirl1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Chipsnsalsa
I was reading in the Gulf Daily News online articles to the effect that this proposed ending of visa on arrival has already come into effect. Does anyone know if that's true? Anyone entered in the last few days?
It seems to depend on which immigration guy you get on arrival at BIA, which is definitely unfair...some are still getting their 3 months and others just 2 weeksand no explanations offered!
Old Feb 28th 2012, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leesk
I arrived on Thursday and although I sucessfully applied for a 3 month evisa online for my son, they would only give him 2 weeks at the airport. We now have to go to Exhibition Rd to see if we can get it extended to 3 months. I would like to hear more about this from others too.
Hi Lee....So did you go to the Exhibition Rd passport office to ask?
Old Feb 28th 2012, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Someone has posted on UKinBahrain tonight to say that he has spoken with some Govt official and this is all a temporary "blip" and is more to do with the current situation than anything else - so fingers crossed.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scottrace
Someone has posted on UKinBahrain tonight to say that he has spoken with some Govt official and this is all a temporary "blip" and is more to do with the current situation than anything else - so fingers crossed.
Ah ok thanks for letting us know....yeah fingers crossedjust cant be right that people are getting different treatment.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 4:53 pm
Forum Regular

leesk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by westendgirl1
Hi Lee....So did you go to the Exhibition Rd passport office to ask?
I am going on Thursday and will keep you posted.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by leesk
I am going on Thursday and will keep you posted.
thanks
Old Feb 28th 2012, 6:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

back through BIA Weds night so will see what the Brits are getting this time

By the way got seriously tear gassed whilst boarding a flight on the apron yesterday evening at 7.30. Its a jolly wicked brew they are using at the moment.
Old Feb 28th 2012, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
back through BIA Weds night so will see what the Brits are getting this time

By the way got seriously tear gassed whilst boarding a flight on the apron yesterday evening at 7.30. Its a jolly wicked brew they are using at the moment.
Dont mean to sound ignorant but `boarding a flight on the apron`?
Old Feb 28th 2012, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dont mean to sound ignorant but `boarding a flight on the apron`?
When you get on a bus to the outskirts of the tarmac'd area that has planes on it because Gulf wont pay the fees to have them berthed with the flexible tunnel thingy mabobs
Old Feb 28th 2012, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

When you get on a bus to the outskirts of the tarmac'd area that has planes on it because Gulf wont pay the fees to have them berthed with the flexible tunnel thingy mabobs
Oh but why were you tear gassed in that area?
Old Feb 28th 2012, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh but why were you tear gassed in that area?
Good question but sadly cant answer that
Old Feb 28th 2012, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Good question but sadly cant answer that
So is that only to be looked forward to whilst leaving or can we expect whilst landing as well?..... to be hit with tear gas as well as 2 week visit visas?
Old Feb 28th 2012, 8:25 pm
Banned

Chipsnsalsa is an unknown quantity at this point

Leesk, you said you applied online for your son, but they only gave him 2 weeks. Does this mean everyone has to apply online now? If a Brit just rocks up at immigration, what happens?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.