Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anybody Currently Teaching in a British School, UAE.

Anybody Currently Teaching in a British School, UAE.

Old Jul 19th 2022, 4:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Anybody Currently Teaching in a British School, UAE.

Originally Posted by msal
My experience is listed above. 👀

I really would love some numbers for the questions asked above.

Just to give you and idea and understanding to what I have looked at and would potentially consider.

Schools

Abu Dhabi

BSAK

Cranleigh

Dubai

Dubai College
Jess
Hartland
DBSEH
DESC
DESS

Look forward to the response’s. ☺️
Speak to the schools and ask them.

I don't know why you think people can give you 4-5 levels of salaries and benefits for 8 schools dotted around two large cities.
I expect you're not getting far because you're not showing any interest in what the schools / teaching in Dubai / work environment are all like. You even talk about negotiating salary / package - there is no negotiating typically. It's an offer based on the role, the years of experience and thanks very much.

Google salaries for teachers in Dubai, it'll be more useful than repeating yourself and not listening to answers.
Old Jul 19th 2022, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Pepper01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anybody Currently Teaching in a British School, UAE.

This is a generic expat forum, I'm not sure why you are asking such detailed questions here, as we are unlikely to have the answers.
Are you subscribed to ISR (International Schools Review), that might have the answers to your detailed questions.

Packages vary wildly between schools in the middle east, even between schools in the same city.

You also haven't factored into account fees for your 3 children. Typically only places for 2 children are covered, where will your 3rd go to school? (I haven't looked into the schools you have listed- are they both primary/secondary, if you are working at a secondary only school, where will your primary aged children go to school? Are the fees covered for this?) What will your partner be doing? Are you married? There are issues getting visas for un-married couples/ same sex couples. Can the school offer an opportunity for your partner? Also why do you want to move to the middle east? International teaching is both very rewarding, and very complex. What are the staff like at the schools, morale? What is the ratio of international to local staff like? I can go on, but you get the idea, there are many more questions than just salary, and this is not the place to find specifics of salary.