Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Anxious situation, need help from KSA or Middle East applicants

Anxious situation, need help from KSA or Middle East applicants

Old Sep 9th 2009, 10:43 am
Just Joined

nimmiboy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anxious situation, need help from KSA or Middle East applicants

I am planning to apply for Canada immigration under federal skilled worker category from Saudi Arabia but I have a problem if you have any idea or suggestion for how I could manage this situation would be very appreciative. If you are familiar the working environment of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia then I hope you will be able to help me.

1 - I came here from Pakistan by purchased the visa (independent visa in which you are free from sponsor to work anywhere in KSA by mutual understanding) you know mostly people in KSA have been coming like this, and then work with another employer other than sponsored. The same situation I am facing. I came here on 6thNovember 2008 on “Tailor” visa and unfortunately 16 days I spent jobless afterward got a job in a reputed IT company as an Accountant and working with them since 23rd November 2008 to present without taking transfer from my sponser. I am working here as an accountant whereas profession written “Taylor” on my visa and same on Iqama (Resident Permit), please advice how to manage this???

2 - I was unemployed during 6th November 2008 to 22nd November 2008 here in KSA, so what should I mention in the background history, should I write “unemployed”?

Now this is very anxious for me, CIC requests in checklist that if I am on work permit so I have to send copy of my visa...but things are quite different on my visa ...CHC-London may asked how were you unemployed as you were hired by one of the sponsor from KSA? How could I manage 16 days unemployment on background history? How could I justify that I am working with another employer other than my sponsored?? Please advise if anyone have any suggestion.

Regards

Last edited by nimmiboy; Sep 9th 2009 at 10:46 am.
Old Sep 9th 2009, 2:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anxious situation, need help from KSA or Middle East applicants

Let me get this straight................

The IT company hired you, despite the fact that it said "Taylor" (sic) on your Iqama and visa?? As far as I am aware, they have committed a serious offence - and no, I'm not aware that "mostly people in KSA have been coming like this".

You may indeed be facing a bit of a tricky one............ sorry.