Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Another pony looking for a spot on the ranch

Another pony looking for a spot on the ranch

Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:51 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another pony looking for a spot on the ranch

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
still at the positively arctic stage then
business as usual sir...
Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all

still at the positively arctic stage then
Well, you can only warm up from there!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Mr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to allMr Moleskins is a name known to all

have a look at Dubizzle.com
http://www.dubizzle.com/main/DubaiPr...l/Villa8_House

3 Beds in AR are going for 190k or lower.
That is interesting, thanks for the link. My Texan HR man told me I'd be looking at 300k minimum. Maybe I need to check he does realise that Dubai isn't in the US....
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:08 pm
hmmmm...nice

MataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond reputeMataHari has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Moleskins
Well, you can only warm up from there!
you'd think so....
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:10 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Miss Eck. Are they all much of a muchness as far as quality and price are concerned (I was told to expect c. 275k - 320k pa)
Lakes has a better finish than the Springs. Not so easy to come across rentals there. The Meadows will be the most expensive.

You could also look at www.bhomes.com - some good pics on there if you want to see the inside of a villa. Not sure if the rental side has pics but you will find them under the sales.

In the Springs they all look pretty much the same from the outside. The 3 beds have a few different types of layouts which can be confusing:

3E/3M - End or Mid unit, 3 bed, no maids room, downstairs study
2E/2M - 3 bed, maids room, family room, no downstairs study
1E/1M - 3 bed with maids room, study and family room

Type 3's tend to have the biggest gardens and probably rent for about 180-200k at present.

The Springs & Meadows are pretty much one big sprawling community, sharing 3 small shopping centres, which house pharmacies, supermarkets, video rentals, dry cleaners, Costa, Starbucks, gyms, and some small restaurants.

It is not really the place where you would meet many people, unless your wife is a housewife or has kids and would then meet other housewives/kids at the swimming pool. I am lucky that I have a few good neighbours, but we are all part of the same motor club so that helps. In general they are friendly communities.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Miss Eck
Lakes has a better finish than the Springs. Not so easy to come across rentals there. The Meadows will be the most expensive.

You could also look at www.bhomes.com - some good pics on there if you want to see the inside of a villa. Not sure if the rental side has pics but you will find them under the sales.

In the Springs they all look pretty much the same from the outside. The 3 beds have a few different types of layouts which can be confusing:

3E/3M - End or Mid unit, 3 bed, no maids room, downstairs study
2E/2M - 3 bed, maids room, family room, no downstairs study
1E/1M - 3 bed with maids room, study and family room

Type 3's tend to have the biggest gardens and probably rent for about 180-200k at present.

The Springs & Meadows are pretty much one big sprawling community, sharing 3 small shopping centres, which house pharmacies, supermarkets, video rentals, dry cleaners, Costa, Starbucks, gyms, and some small restaurants.

It is not really the place where you would meet many people, unless your wife is a housewife or has kids and would then meet other housewives/kids at the swimming pool. I am lucky that I have a few good neighbours, but we are all part of the same motor club so that helps. In general they are friendly communities.
That's really useful, thank you.

Out of interest, what motor club? I'm a bit of a petrolhead.
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:26 pm
Pog mo thoin

Miss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond reputeMiss Eck has a reputation beyond repute

That's really useful, thank you.

Out of interest, what motor club? I'm a bit of a petrolhead.
Mustangs They do a lot of cool stuff. There are a few different clubs here and if you fancy thrashing your car you can always take it to the Autodrome!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

Mustangs They do a lot of cool stuff. There are a few different clubs here and if you fancy thrashing your car you can always take it to the Autodrome!
Excellent. I've got a TVR at the moment but, alas, the cooling system isn't always up to UK summers (esp when stuck on the M25) so I don't think putting a filter and a bigger radiator on it & getting it shipped is really an option!! - although I have heard there are a couple out there.

So you can do track days at the Autodrome?
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:13 pm
Pog mo thoin

Excellent. I've got a TVR at the moment but, alas, the cooling system isn't always up to UK summers (esp when stuck on the M25) so I don't think putting a filter and a bigger radiator on it & getting it shipped is really an option!! - although I have heard there are a couple out there.

So you can do track days at the Autodrome?
Now how will you feel about parting with that to move to Dubai???

The autodrome offers lots of events ... check it out here www.dubaiautodrome.com/

One of my neighbours has spent a lot on his Mustang and races in the Autocross. It can get pricey though!
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

oooh i like tvrs...i don't remember seeing one here though...

MM, xx
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MataHari
you'd think so....
but he hasnt met you !
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

Now how will you feel about parting with that to move to Dubai???

The autodrome offers lots of events ... check it out here www.dubaiautodrome.com/

One of my neighbours has spent a lot on his Mustang and races in the Autocross. It can get pricey though!
I imagine it will feel a little like the death of a loved one! Juat not worth the hassle of shipping (and cost), plus nobody would probably know how to service it!

I know the 'traditional' British sports car has a straight 6 but I fell in love with the V8 rumble and nobody does it quite like TVR (imho!).

Are mustangs relatively easy to get hold of there? Or do you have to dip very deep into your pocket (must repeat the mantra about saving money over and over again!)
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

Are mustangs relatively easy to get hold of there? Or do you have to dip very deep into your pocket (must repeat the mantra about saving money over and over again!)
mustangs are very common here...

MM, xx
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

I have piston envy! mine is 2 short of a proper motor
Old Jan 9th 2008, 2:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
oooh i like tvrs...i don't remember seeing one here though...

MM, xx
A friend who lives in Abu Dhabi knows a guy who works for Emirates and drives one (not sure which one) in the cooler months in Dubai.

I did find myself thinking about German cars but that just feels so wrong

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.