Reload this Page >

Another one going to Riyadh...

Another one going to Riyadh...

Old Nov 18th 2021, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

Portuguese_KSA is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another one going to Riyadh...

Hello everyone,
I will be relocated to Riyadh during the month of December.
I am a Portuguese and will be traveling to Saudi Arabia alone.
I already have the work contract signed and negotiated salary and benefits. My workplace will be at Tawuniya Towers , Al Olaya St. Which I think is a pretty central location.
Does anyone have any advice or recommendations regarding accommodation and facilities near this location?
I am looking for compound that has some social life and with the usual facilities, preferably I am looking for a two bedroom apartment, to have more area (it is enough for me to have to live alone, I don't want to feel claustrophobic!). I was thinking about a budget of 120-150 k/year for accommodation. Do you think that's reasonable?

Many thanks in advance
Old Nov 19th 2021, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Djuro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Another one going to Riyadh...

Originally Posted by Portuguese_KSA
Hello everyone,
I will be relocated to Riyadh during the month of December.
I am a Portuguese and will be traveling to Saudi Arabia alone.
I already have the work contract signed and negotiated salary and benefits. My workplace will be at Tawuniya Towers , Al Olaya St. Which I think is a pretty central location.
Does anyone have any advice or recommendations regarding accommodation and facilities near this location?
I am looking for compound that has some social life and with the usual facilities, preferably I am looking for a two bedroom apartment, to have more area (it is enough for me to have to live alone, I don't want to feel claustrophobic!). I was thinking about a budget of 120-150 k/year for accommodation. Do you think that's reasonable?

Many thanks in advance
Hi there,

feel free to check my thread out, it has a lot of info on current compound situation. Arabian Homes sounds like a good bet for you. Your budget seems realistic for your needs. Feel free to send me a PM if you want more specfic details.

Cheers,

Djuro
Old Nov 19th 2021, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

Djuro,

Thanks for your feed-back.
I was reading your thread and it was quite interesting.
Effectively the choice of a compound is almost like "squaring the circle".We have to put into the equation the price, the distance to work, the existence of nearby stores for our daily shopping, the amenities provided by the compound and the possibility to have some social life (for me I don't need an environment of permanent Spanish Fiesta, but the possibility to talk and socialize with people that I find nice). Also, I want a house that I feel good in, and I have seen very poor taste decorations that I definitely would not feel good living in.
My employers have told me to make a summary of the compounds I like and send it to them to speed up the house selection process when I arrive in KSA and since I don't want to spend too much time in the Hotel, I intend to speed up this pre-selection process as much as possible. This is without prejudice that the final choice will be made after visiting the places!

Taking advantage of your kind availability, if I have any more specific questions I will not hesitate to send you a pm.

Thanks!

Old Nov 23rd 2021, 1:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Djuro
Hi there,

feel free to check my thread out, it has a lot of info on current compound situation. Arabian Homes sounds like a good bet for you. Your budget seems realistic for your needs. Feel free to send me a PM if you want more specfic details.

Cheers,

Djuro
Djuro,

Thanks for your feed-back.
I was reading your thread and it was quite interesting.
Effectively the choice of a compound is almost like "squaring the circle".We have to put into the equation the price, the distance to work, the existence of nearby stores for our daily shopping, the amenities provided by the compound and the possibility to have some social life (for me I don't need an environment of permanent Spanish Fiesta, but the possibility to talk and socialize with people that I find nice). Also, I want a house that I feel good in, and I have seen very poor taste decorations that I definitely would not feel good living in.
My employers have told me to make a summary of the compounds I like and send it to them to speed up the house selection process when I arrive in KSA and since I don't want to spend too much time in the Hotel, I intend to speed up this pre-selection process as much as possible. This is without prejudice that the final choice will be made after visiting the places!

Taking advantage of your kind availability, if I have any more specific questions I will not hesitate to send you a pm.

Thanks!