Al Khobar

Old Jul 20th 2008, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

jojo75 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Al Khobar

Hi guys, i am a new member and would like to know if there are any members living in Al Khobar in Saudi
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Khobar

Originally Posted by jojo75
Hi guys, i am a new member and would like to know if there are any members living in Al Khobar in Saudi
There's one or two that either are or have been, but most of us are Riyadh-based now.

We all make pilgrimages to Bahrain as and when though, so we pass through it - but not for long........ that causeway is just too tempting.
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Scotland to Saudi to Scotland to Netherlands to Scotland to Oz!
Fima_Cege will become famous soon enoughFima_Cege will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jojo75
Hey jojo!

Lived and worked in Al Khobar for 6 years. We left in 2004 but still have a lot of good friends there. It is a brilliant place to be and we often get nostalgic for it!

Don't know if you are familiar with the middle east.....

One tip: Make sure..and I mean ABSOLUTELY sure that you are working for reputable company. Take nothing on " we'll sort that when you get there" crap. You have been warned!

And when you do get there have a sid&coke on me......
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:40 pm
Just Joined

jojo75 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies.

I have been working as a nanny for a lovely family out here for a year and am a regular at Nada and Las dunas!!

I love it here!
Old Jul 20th 2008, 8:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fima_Cege
Hey jojo!

Lived and worked in Al Khobar for 6 years. We left in 2004 but still have a lot of good friends there. It is a brilliant place to be and we often get nostalgic for it!

Don't know if you are familiar with the middle east.....

One tip: Make sure..and I mean ABSOLUTELY sure that you are working for reputable company. Take nothing on " we'll sort that when you get there" crap. You have been warned!

And when you do get there have a sid&coke on me......
Sid and coke!!! You reckless little minx.........

Actually you might find that these days the real thing is easier to obtain than Sheikh Siddiqui.......
Old Jul 21st 2008, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Dean
Sid and coke!!! You reckless little minx.........

Actually you might find that these days the real thing is easier to obtain than Sheikh Siddiqui.......
Ahhh Siddiqui...the joys of lighting it to see how pure it is....and then the fun of the seriously bad headache the next day after drinking it all night.
Old Jul 21st 2008, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Location: Scotland to Saudi to Scotland to Netherlands to Scotland to Oz!
Fima_Cege will become famous soon enoughFima_Cege will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by hoofie2002
Ahhh Siddiqui...the joys of lighting it to see how pure it is....and then the fun of the seriously bad headache the next day after drinking it all night.
Hoofie2002,

I see you are in Perth WA..?
We are heading that way hopefully in Mar 2009. My wife has dual nationality and I am applying for perm residency under subclass 100.

We should keep in touch as we have quite a lot in common.