Al Barsha, Dubai

Old Apr 16th 2013, 1:30 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Al Barsha, Dubai

I live in Al Barsha, in a compound and I love it, no issues with maintenance, we have on site and they come immediately. Google Casablanca Villas, Al Barsha, they are handled by Rocky Real Estate and I think there are a couple empty. They are very family orientated and the kids are always out in the street, very safe.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

jackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of lightjackthehat is a glorious beacon of light

Mmmmm Al Berkshire! - Not exactly Wokingham is it?

and for those who have a phobia of caps and punctuation . . . .

mmmmm al berkshire not exactly wokingham is it
Old Apr 16th 2013, 2:37 am
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

What about the noise? Few of the guys I work with were driven out because of the 'strategic' placement of mosques, lots of locals there.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

MrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really nice

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I live in Al Barsha, in a compound and I love it, no issues with maintenance, we have on site and they come immediately. Google Casablanca Villas, Al Barsha, they are handled by Rocky Real Estate and I think there are a couple empty. They are very family orientated and the kids are always out in the street, very safe.

Thanks ever so much!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:09 am
Forum Regular

AppleMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikewot
What about the noise? Few of the guys I work with were driven out because of the 'strategic' placement of mosques, lots of locals there.
LOL - you are not supposed to call it a 'noise'

Yes the Mosques can be a bit loud, but you can get that anywhere (Jumeirah, Marina etc) - you just tune it out in the end.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond reputeOleJanx has a reputation beyond repute

Just wait until it's not there...that's even worse!
Old Apr 16th 2013, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Not an issue,you do get used to it. I live 3 doors from a mosque, I like the call to prayers early in the morning, I sit in the garden with my cup of tea and find it quite soothing
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
Not an issue,you do get used to it. I live 3 doors from a mosque, I like the call to prayers early in the morning, I sit in the garden with my cup of tea and find it quite soothing
I think we must be twins - if there's one thing I miss about Dubai, it would be sitting outside with a tea listening to the evening call to prayer.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 4:10 pm
Account Closed

mikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond reputemikewot has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you didn't experience the shouty ranting, in English, that some of them do
Old Apr 16th 2013, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

ukfb is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess you didn't experience the shouty ranting, in English, that some of them do
That's usually in classier neighbourhoods like The Springs and Arabian Ranches

We miss the mosques and my daughter used to call the Iman, "the singing man" every time she heard a call to prayer.

All the locals we met in Al Barsha were either friendly or invisible.
Old Apr 16th 2013, 6:41 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Or the shouty ranting in Arabic every Friday lunchtime.

Anyway, if you don't want to be too close, then don't rent a villa next door to a mosque. Seems simple enough. You can't escape it in most areas, but you can choose your proximity.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

Occasionally on a Friday at lunchtime when we lived in Barsha we would hear the shouty ranty stuff, but don't recall hearing it an Al Safa at all. When we first moved to Dubai we spent a couple of months with friends in the Ranches and never heard a mosque, when we moved to Al Barsha it woke me every morning at 5.30am, I didn't have to set an alarm, but within a couple of weeks, I didn't even hear it any more.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

MrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really niceMrBAH is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kim67
Occasionally on a Friday at lunchtime when we lived in Barsha we would hear the shouty ranty stuff, but don't recall hearing it an Al Safa at all. When we first moved to Dubai we spent a couple of months with friends in the Ranches and never heard a mosque, when we moved to Al Barsha it woke me every morning at 5.30am, I didn't have to set an alarm, but within a couple of weeks, I didn't even hear it any more.
Would you recommend AR then as a good "Yr1" area to live, rather than Al Barsha?
Old Apr 17th 2013, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

It all depends on budgets, work location, presence of kids etc.
Old Apr 17th 2013, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jam25mack
It all depends on budgets, work location, presence of kids etc.
I'd be working in DIFC and do have two kids (and potentially the family Labrador!) so we need somewhere that has good linkages into the financial district, near to good schools (assuming we can get into one which is proving a challenge) and also in close proximity to town centres, walking routes for the dog, leisure for kids, etc etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.