Ajman Living

Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:14 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light
Default Ajman Living

Any threads or opinions of readers on living and working in Ajman?
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:17 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ajman Living

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Any threads or opinions of readers on living and working in Ajman?
I lived there for three months....

what do you want out of life would be the question and will it meet your needs.

Its not that i didnt like it, but it wasnt for me, very little to do, lovely beaches, i didnt find alot of expats there. Cheap enough - taxis are a nightmare if you want to get to and from Dubai.....
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

AnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of lightAnotherWorld is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MrsHaps
I lived there for three months....

what do you want out of life would be the question and will it meet your needs.

Its not that i didnt like it, but it wasnt for me, very little to do, lovely beaches, i didnt find alot of expats there. Cheap enough - taxis are a nightmare if you want to get to and from Dubai.....
Do indians and pakis make up the majority of the population? like sharjah
Old Jan 7th 2009, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

MrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond reputeMrsHaps has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnotherWorld
Do indians and pakis make up the majority of the population? like sharjah
im sure there are alot of expats in sharjah!

but yes is the answer to your question - i didnt feel safe in Ajman, certainly not somewhere i would walk around alone.

there are people that live there and are quite happy as they are here for saving purposes only and Dubai doesnt really interest them. The Kempinski hotel was nice enough for food and relaxing but again that was really the only place. The mall is small but has a kids area and food court - new york fries yum!!

urmmmmmmmm what else..... nope that is pretty much it!
Old Jan 7th 2009, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

MAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond reputeMAV_DXB has a reputation beyond repute

I lived there for a year, well I say lived, in the year I only spent about 40 nights there, lived on the corniche facing the sea.

Personally I think it's a 'hole'. I'd only live there again if I worked in Ajman.

If you're thinking of living there and commuting to Dubai be prepared for lengthy car journeys, I used to travel up to the 611 and come in that way.

Ajman is also known for it's problems in getting water & electricity to buildings - make sure they're ok before commiting to rent.

Beer is cheaper than Dubai, even in the Kempinski.

There are also 2 'holes in the wall'.

I left around 2 years ago... It may have changed a lot since, but I doubt it.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 2:51 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MAV_DXB
I lived there for a year, well I say lived, in the year I only spent about 40 nights there, lived on the corniche facing the sea.

Personally I think it's a 'hole'. I'd only live there again if I worked in Ajman.

If you're thinking of living there and commuting to Dubai be prepared for lengthy car journeys, I used to travel up to the 611 and come in that way.

Ajman is also known for it's problems in getting water & electricity to buildings - make sure they're ok before commiting to rent.

Beer is cheaper than Dubai, even in the Kempinski.

There are also 2 'holes in the wall'.

I left around 2 years ago... It may have changed a lot since, but I doubt it.
Yep I agree. There isn't really much to do in Ajman.
If you have to be there, the nearest 'social haven' is the Sharjah Wanderers club - which has quite a lot going on and some good sport facilities.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 3:12 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

there is a new ski club place that has opened up there, look good.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

I live in Ajman and whilst the property prices are great most of what has been written is true,

There are very few other expats in the area, there is the Pub, there is the wanders club and there is the Kempinski and that is about it.

Commute for me everyday from Ajman to SZR is around 45 mins but that is with a bit of off roading, I personally if you are single would not even entertain Ajman as an option until Uptown Ajman opens.
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by banter64
I live in Ajman and whilst the property prices are great most of what has been written is true,

There are very few other expats in the area, there is the Pub, there is the wanders club and there is the Kempinski and that is about it.

Commute for me everyday from Ajman to SZR is around 45 mins but that is with a bit of off roading, I personally if you are single would not even entertain Ajman as an option until Uptown Ajman opens.
Uptown Ajman.... really?

45 minutes! I wish someone had of shown me that way 3 bloody hours i was on trying to get home and that was at 8pm never mind at 5.30pm!!
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:14 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Uptown Ajman.... really?

45 minutes! I wish someone had of shown me that way 3 bloody hours i was on trying to get home and that was at 8pm never mind at 5.30pm!!
Uptown Ajman is the new Emaar development being built up there? I think?
Old Jan 8th 2009, 8:29 am
BE Enthusiast

banter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond reputebanter64 has a reputation beyond repute

Uptown Ajman.... really?

In the morning, I head on the emirates rd, join Sharjah airport road, take the turn for the airport but go right not left to the airport go all the way down until the small bridge near the container terminal, then across the sand for 5 mins and pooof I am on academic city road