Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Affordable housing/housemate outside of MADINAT -Elam but not too far? 1 person w/dog

Affordable housing/housemate outside of MADINAT -Elam but not too far? 1 person w/dog

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

bmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant future
Default Affordable housing/housemate outside of MADINAT -Elam but not too far? 1 person w/dog

I want to take the job in muscat that i have been offered but the job in nizwa is running a 2nd close.

Having my dog with me and trying to find affordable housing in Muscat I'm afraid is going to be an issue. My job will require that I be in MADINAT AL-EALAM daily. I'll work long hours so want to be able to get home to my dog as soon as possible.

I know that is an expensive place to live so I would look outside, but I'm wondering how far I would have to travel to find a decent affordable place that would be appropriate for a inside dog to be with me?

The alternative is to find a non smoking housemate who also like animals to share.

The final alternative is to just take the lesser desirable job in Nizwa where I have been before and know how to maneuver. Any advice thoughts etc very welcome!
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Affordable housing/housemate outside of MADINAT -Elam but not too far? 1 person w

You could euthanaze OR rehouse the dog Stateside and then live somewhere nice in Muscat; well as nice as you can for 200 OMR
Old Jul 23rd 2011, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

bmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant futurebmedia has a brilliant future
Default Re: Affordable housing/housemate outside of MADINAT -Elam but not too far? 1 person w

I signed up here a few days ago and I must admit T your advice is the most helpful that I have received. I'll run right over to the vet and have my 7-year-old best friend killed so I can work in Oman.