Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Advice on things to consider in Qatar please.

Advice on things to consider in Qatar please.

Old May 12th 2012, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

GazzaMac is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Advice on things to consider in Qatar please.

Know what you mean buddy, I have to spend days/weeks away from the family, it's not nice. Like you say, a decent home and the people you love with you is the main for me too
Old May 12th 2012, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james1966
I'm here on my own, family back in the uk, not loving it at the moment.

On the other hand, if I was here,in a nice villa, attractive salary plus benefits and my family with me...Qatar would be a great place!!
It's still not a great place, it's doable.
Old May 12th 2012, 3:07 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GazzaMac
I will make sure they provide me with an itemised breakdown of the deal. This would avoid crossed wires and make sure we are reading from the same page . In fairness, if the package isn't suitable, I won't accept it, but the package seems very honest so far. Time will tell, I should receive further details in writing this coming week

Also, is that 40k inclusive of school fees or exclusive?

Ta.
Hi, my QR40k/m was an 'all-in' minimum i.e. you'd have to pay school fees out of that, which for 3x kids might well be QR15k/m.

A reasonable villa will be around QR10k/m and running a couple of small hire cars say QR5k/m.

That would leave you with about QR10k/m to pay the bills, feed and cloth yourself and the family. Not much, and probably not worth your while, unless you come out here on your own.

[J]
Old May 12th 2012, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

GazzaMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for clarifying that for my J