Advice needed...

Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:07 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed...

Originally Posted by Jeeper
It took a while but the end result was basically....

Went....explained......they told me..."no case - go home".

Waste of time and 18 hours of stress......guy just trying to give me a fright it seems....the lengths these clowns will go to to make a point.

Not that he has a point.....I couldn't move over, he was stuck behind me - get over it mr mr.

Ah well-glad you are by with it-was about to fedex some food parcels.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jrudofsky
Glad to hear about the successful outcome........... not as you say there should have been any 'case' in the first place!

I don't supposed you inquired whether they might be persuing the other driver for dangerous driving...........!!!
I did think for a second that I should say something about his driving but then I woke up to myself and thought it's best i just leave while I can.
I doubt without witnesses I would have much success in getting him prosecuted and instead would porbably just make him more angry.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:13 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I did think for a second that I should say something about his driving but then I woke up to myself and thought it's best i just leave while I can.
I doubt without witnesses I would have much success in getting him prosecuted and instead would porbably just make him more angry.
I am so glad that nothing came of this, but the standard of driving out here is becoming a real issue. I am sure I heard on the radio the other day that there were 18000 people injured on the roads last year and something in the region of 800 deaths
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:16 pm
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute

Waste of time and 18 hours of stress......guy just trying to give me a fright it seems....the lengths these clowns will go to to make a point.

Not that he has a point.....I couldn't move over, he was stuck behind me - get over it mr mr.

I'm glad it all worked out mate.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

jrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to alljrudofsky is a name known to all

Completely agree...the second they said no case I would have been out of there too! Good news in the end despite the worry... Next time make sure you sideswipe the car on the inside lane to get out of his way!!!???!!!!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond reputeJeeper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
I am so glad that nothing came of this, but the standard of driving out here is becoming a real issue. I am sure I heard on the radio the other day that there were 18000 people injured on the roads last year and something in the region of 800 deaths
Some people just need to pull their heads in and wait their turn. unfortunately that's not the way here.

it took years for drink driving in NZ to become anti-social, it took just as long for seatbelts to be integrated into everyday use. My parents would drive home from the pub back in their day because just about everyone did it....these days we know better.....same with seatbelts.....cars back in the day didn't have rear seatbelts for example.

Getting people over here to 'straighten up and fly right' is not going to happen in the next decade not matter how many people die. it's all god's will isn't it if something bad happens?

This region has a lot of growing up to do. Just wish they could learn from the lessons other countries have learnt over the years.

For the record - I didn't get to meet my friendly foe but was advised he was 'arabic'. They wouldn't say from which country.

And for the record - the police there were very open to hearing my point of view also...wasn't intimidated too much at all really - once I got talking to the right people.

Last edited by Jeeper; Jul 29th 2008 at 1:31 pm.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:39 pm
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

I am glad it is all sorted out and you can put it behind you. I agree this country has alot to learn and it's inshallah attitude just pissed the majority of people of these days. I had a go at a complete fckwit the other day who stopped me for directions at the lights at festival city, his wife had her little one on her knee. I went mental at them!! told them they were stupid people and didn't deserve to have children. Was rather expecting to be asked to visit the police station myself that day
Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Madam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond reputeMadam Medusa has a reputation beyond repute

wow, sense prevailed for once, fab news jeeper...

MM, xx
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Madam Medusa
wow, sense prevailed for once, fab news jeeper...

MM, xx
yeah - big relief.

Unless "no case - go home" means deportation and you don't get a chance to pack....