Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

family villa or Apts

family villa or Apts

Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:28 pm
Just Joined

sutty31 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default family villa or Apts

i been looking for Accom since i got here a week ago and there not a lot going thats what i would call good...

i do like the look of the new villas on KCA and also mangrove or seashore village would be ideal....

does anyone know of any going now or about to be free...

regards pete
Old Jul 18th 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: family villa or Apts

mongrove 6 month or more waiting list and prices now 360,000 for a 4 bed
seashore loads free but 285,000 in jan for a 3 bed. god knows what now
KCA villas are not worth the bother as you will only get evicted
however Al Raha Gardens ARG is cool but im hearing a 3 bed is now 280ish...
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:43 am
Account Closed

britchick35 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi there, im new to ad too only been here 2 weeks so still finding my feet , the one thing i wil say is the fact that seashore villas is freely available might say something to you , it did to me , my husbands company will provide us with one if we want , and to be honest i wouldnt see myself as the fussy type,so i said yes , bt when i got there i hated it the set up is like glorified butlins/club la costa( dont mean to offend anyone , ) just really not my cup of tea, i really thought id hate apartment living but love it here thus far bu twe are in a very good area so im led to beleive,like you we are on the hunt now as i chose to refuse company villa...the idea of terraces on top of each other and miles from city centre knocked me sick the pools are canny enough , but just didnt do it for me ...just my 2 pennorths worth ....
Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:46 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by britchick35
hi there, im new to ad too only been here 2 weeks so still finding my feet , the one thing i wil say is the fact that seashore villas is freely available might say something to you , it did to me , my husbands company will provide us with one if we want , and to be honest i wouldnt see myself as the fussy type,so i said yes , bt when i got there i hated it the set up is like glorified butlins/club la costa( dont mean to offend anyone , ) just really not my cup of tea, i really thought id hate apartment living but love it here thus far bu twe are in a very good area so im led to beleive,like you we are on the hunt now as i chose to refuse company villa...the idea of terraces on top of each other and miles from city centre knocked me sick the pools are canny enough , but just didnt do it for me ...just my 2 pennorths worth ....
do you have family? or just the pair of you?
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:06 am
Account Closed

i have a family , 3kids one teenager two little ish ones
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

i have a family , 3kids one teenager two little ish ones
cool, was just being nosey as we had similar choices of residence, basically we could have had an apartment or a villa.

We chose a villa for the outdoor space, saying that we have a toddler, not kids. Apartment living is just not for us, heyho each to their own!!

Seashores simply isnt worth the money...i agree that the pools are lovely and there is a nice gym but the villa's themselves are not too great.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:20 pm
Banned

the big nowhere is an unknown quantity at this point

hi ,can i ask where you found your apartment.....we are thinking of taking up an offer but the acomm issue is really putting us off and other destiantions we have open to us ( vancouver & sydney ) are looking better evry day...many thanks.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by the big nowhere
hi ,can i ask where you found your apartment.....we are thinking of taking up an offer but the acomm issue is really putting us off and other destiantions we have open to us ( vancouver & sydney ) are looking better evry day...many thanks.
well my husbands company is paying for our apartment its their in transit accomodation i beleive, to be honest we were heading for canada ourselves, but this position including schooling was too good to miss , that said with a only a short time prepare once we got here i kind of knew we would struggle a little with lack of research as we had planned our whole lives round canada, our 14 year old has issues to start with and is struggling with her freedom here.
The places i have looked have been khaleej times , gulf news and i think its called bayut also the websites of the newer developments themselves can offer some thing sometimes .Good luck with what ever you choose.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 11:26 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
cool, was just being nosey as we had similar choices of residence, basically we could have had an apartment or a villa.

We chose a villa for the outdoor space, saying that we have a toddler, not kids. Apartment living is just not for us, heyho each to their own!!

Seashores simply isnt worth the money...i agree that the pools are lovely and there is a nice gym but the villa's themselves are not too great.
no worries, you have hit the nail on he head though the facillities are nice , but its the villas we are currently only in a 3 bed apartment but its bigger than seashore villas , and my eldest has issues so she really needs her own space and the option of splitting the apartment and making renovations which was suggested just didnt appeal . anyway good luck with what ever you choose, we have yet to get on with the job in hand but im going to have to do it sooner or later.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:12 pm
Banned

well my husbands company is paying for our apartment its their in transit accomodation i beleive, to be honest we were heading for canada ourselves, but this position including schooling was too good to miss , that said with a only a short time prepare once we got here i kind of knew we would struggle a little with lack of research as we had planned our whole lives round canada, our 14 year old has issues to start with and is struggling with her freedom here.
The places i have looked have been khaleej times , gulf news and i think its called bayut also the websites of the newer developments themselves can offer some thing sometimes .Good luck with what ever you choose.
hi thanks for the info.....we also looked at schooling as a positive in uae...but the schooling and universities here in canada are v good...we have lived in canada twice.....and kids love it,so decision to up and go to uae is hard......so for us abu dhabi has to offer something really good...but i am having difficulty finding that something...jobs in vancouver,sydney,adelaide,ottawa,christchurch,duba i...we have stockpiled job offers over the last few weeks and now have to take one....am keen on trying the uae but have to find a big positive....schooling i thought maybe one and the fact our kids who have travelled alot would mix with similarly travelled kids....but the accomm problem seems to be huge...we have a good salary on offer and am prepared to pay up to 330,000 ish dirhams to rent but if there is nothing available then what..........so i guess you guys are lucky in that it has been taken care of..........have a great day.........
Old Jul 29th 2008, 4:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by the big nowhere
hi thanks for the info.....we also looked at schooling as a positive in uae...but the schooling and universities here in canada are v good...we have lived in canada twice.....and kids love it,so decision to up and go to uae is hard......so for us abu dhabi has to offer something really good...but i am having difficulty finding that something...jobs in vancouver,sydney,adelaide,ottawa,christchurch,duba i...we have stockpiled job offers over the last few weeks and now have to take one....am keen on trying the uae but have to find a big positive....schooling i thought maybe one and the fact our kids who have travelled alot would mix with similarly travelled kids....but the accomm problem seems to be huge...we have a good salary on offer and am prepared to pay up to 330,000 ish dirhams to rent but if there is nothing available then what..........so i guess you guys are lucky in that it has been taken care of..........have a great day.........
Well its not exactly taken care of as i refused what they offer and 330 000 doesnt seem so bad we had lots of scare stories and they are true to an extent but we have seen some good alternatives , although they are not in the centre of abu dhabi , how awsome ot have the choice, we aare hoping this is a stepping stone to many things we were both in the raf and didnt actually go very far so ironically when this option came up we grabbed it.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 6:55 pm
Banned

Well its not exactly taken care of as i refused what they offer and 330 000 doesnt seem so bad we had lots of scare stories and they are true to an extent but we have seen some good alternatives , although they are not in the centre of abu dhabi , how awsome ot have the choice, we aare hoping this is a stepping stone to many things we were both in the raf and didnt actually go very far so ironically when this option came up we grabbed it.
we have moved around abit at will over the last few years....but with no one pointing you or telling you to go in a certain direction you easily become directionless and it is a real in in the arse.........choice is not always a great thing.........but good to hear that things out there may not be as despereate as they appear from afar.....