Advice needed

Old May 12th 2005, 11:50 am
semarang

novita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond reputenovita77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice needed

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Hi Sher,

I think I have all the facts right here but some-one with a little more experience should confirm the numbers (the principal is right)...

Unless the company is based in one of the Free Zones expats currentley cannot "own" (or be the major shareholder) in a business here. Therefore to operate a business you require a local sponsor or partner who will own a min of 51% of the company (although there is talk of laws being enacted to change this so that expats can be major shareholders and bring the UAE inline with WTO requirement).

How you would go about finding a sponsor I wouldn't know though, sorry...
In expatwoman.com, i think some ladies there married to locals. Probably if you try befriend them their hubby might help you out.
Old May 12th 2005, 11:53 am
W10

Originally Posted by LakesLassie
Don't think that's strictly true - there are other scenarios as Mr LL's business is owned entirely by him and it's an LLC. Don't know the details though - he's the lawyer, not me!
He's probably in a free zone, but I was thinking that in relation to her or her husband's professions, they would be unlikely (admittedly I don't know the criteria) to be able to set up a company there.

Old May 12th 2005, 12:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Welivehere
Hi Sher,

I think I have all the facts right here but some-one with a little more experience should confirm the numbers (the principal is right)...

Unless the company is based in one of the Free Zones expats currentley cannot "own" (or be the major shareholder) in a business here. Therefore to operate a business you require a local sponsor or partner who will own a min of 51% of the company (although there is talk of laws being enacted to change this so that expats can be major shareholders and bring the UAE inline with WTO requirement).

How you would go about finding a sponsor I wouldn't know though, sorry...

How are you WLH?
Well as far as I know,the idea of a sponsor is that this sponsor knows you personally and can vouch for you,just in case.Many people I know in business,they did not even know their sponsor before opening the business and even after that,many of them,the sponsors that is, dont know where that business is actually located!!
Old May 12th 2005, 12:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

LakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to beholdLakesLassie is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by W10
He's probably in a free zone, but I was thinking that in relation to her or her husband's professions, they would be unlikely (admittedly I don't know the criteria) to be able to set up a company there.
Mr LL's not in a free zone - he's an LLC with offices on SZR, but as I say I'm not actually sure what his setup is so I'd better shut up before I talk too much shite!

There's a company called Links Group that does sponsorship etc for expats. A couple of Mr LL's clients have used them and have found them to be great. Have a look at www.linksdubai.com.
Old May 12th 2005, 1:28 pm
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sher
Hi everyone,

New to this particular forum for Middle East.

Have been reading about Dubai alot and have been there on holidays previously, we are thinking of moving there and would appreciate some feedback regarding the following:

1 How easy is it to get jobs in Dental Nursing or as a Beauty Therapist(I have an international Qualification)?

2 My husband is a driving Instructor would there be any scope for him?

3 How long is the process of buying a property once you have chosen one?

4 Will we need both a residence visa and a separate work permit?

5 Have a 7 year old son and would appreciate some feedback from those who have moved from UK with children?

Many thanks

Sher
Hello Sher.... welcome to the forum.

To answer ur q's....

1) You may want to think about looking at positions at the Dubai Health Care City. The web link to the DHCC site and links to some of the other good hospitals in Dubai can be found in the FAQ section. Might be worth looking into that.

2) Yeah, there are alot of driving schools here and I am sure ur hubby could get a job with one of them:

http://www.indexuae.com/Top/Shopping...riving_Schools

The above site gives u the links to 2 of Dubai's top driving schools.

3) Its totally down to you, mortgage plans can extend to a maximum of 25 years, provided u r 65 or below at the end of the 25 year payment plan.

4) If u r both seperately employed, then 2 work permits would be needed, which would be issued by each of your respective employers.

5) errrrrrmmmmmm........ no kids of my own, but he should fit in nicely. Tis is a great community and there are plenty of good schools around.

Hope that helps. Feel free to send me a PM or post any more q's that you may have. Enjoy the site.
Old May 12th 2005, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Sher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant futureSher has a brilliant future

Hi Face,

Many thanks for your answers to my ?'s, was getting a little disappointed after reading some of the previous replies. Have got to the stage where my heart just isn't in the UK anymore and day by day UK is becoming more and more a less desirable place to bring up a family in.

Shall check out the link given.

Many thanks.

Originally Posted by Face81
Hello Sher.... welcome to the forum.

To answer ur q's....

1) You may want to think about looking at positions at the Dubai Health Care City. The web link to the DHCC site and links to some of the other good hospitals in Dubai can be found in the FAQ section. Might be worth looking into that.

2) Yeah, there are alot of driving schools here and I am sure ur hubby could get a job with one of them:

http://www.indexuae.com/Top/Shopping...riving_Schools

The above site gives u the links to 2 of Dubai's top driving schools.

3) Its totally down to you, mortgage plans can extend to a maximum of 25 years, provided u r 65 or below at the end of the 25 year payment plan.

4) If u r both seperately employed, then 2 work permits would be needed, which would be issued by each of your respective employers.

5) errrrrrmmmmmm........ no kids of my own, but he should fit in nicely. Tis is a great community and there are plenty of good schools around.

Hope that helps. Feel free to send me a PM or post any more q's that you may have. Enjoy the site.
Old May 12th 2005, 3:11 pm
Its all good

Fairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond reputeFairydust has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Face,

Many thanks for your answers to my ?'s, was getting a little disappointed after reading some of the previous replies. Have got to the stage where my heart just isn't in the UK anymore and day by day UK is becoming more and more a less desirable place to bring up a family in.

Shall check out the link given.

Many thanks.

Hi Sher, welcome - I've got a 7 year old daughter who we brought out here from the UK when she was 5 if you've got any questions about it feel free to PM me.
Old May 12th 2005, 4:04 pm
Sat on the fence ......

Rumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond reputeRumble Tumble has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone,

New to this particular forum for Middle East.

Have been reading about Dubai alot and have been there on holidays previously, we are thinking of moving there and would appreciate some feedback regarding the following:

1 How easy is it to get jobs in Dental Nursing or as a Beauty Therapist(I have an international Qualification)?

2 My husband is a driving Instructor would there be any scope for him?

3 How long is the process of buying a property once you have chosen one?

4 Will we need both a residence visa and a separate work permit?

5 Have a 7 year old son and would appreciate some feedback from those who have moved from UK with children?

Many thanks

Sher

My 1st daughter was 1yrs when i 1st cam to the Middle East if you have anything you want or need to know please don't hesitate to ask....

Welcome by the way