Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Best route to Karama at about 6pm?

Best route to Karama at about 6pm?

Old May 11th 2005, 10:24 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Best route to Karama at about 6pm?

Okay, I need to go and collect a package from the GPO in Karama (I'm guessing it's the one on Za'abeel Road) tonight and I can't leave work here in DMC until about 6pm.

So... what's the best route to take to get there before they close at 7.30? I'm thinking about Al Wasl to Al Dhiyafa to Trade Center Road and then cutting across to Za'abeel... or might I just as well sit on SZR?

BTW thanks to all involved for a good night last night
Old May 11th 2005, 10:26 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best route to Karama at about 6pm?

Originally Posted by GarethR
Okay, I need to go and collect a package from the GPO in Karama (I'm guessing it's the one on Za'abeel Road) tonight and I can't leave work here in DMC until about 6pm.

So... what's the best route to take to get there before they close at 7.30? I'm thinking about Al Wasl to Al Dhiyafa to Trade Center Road and then cutting across to Za'abeel... or might I just as well sit on SZR?

Hi Gareth,
I work at DIC and i find it quicker to do SZR in the mornings and Al Wasl - Al Dhiyafa in the evenings.

You should be by trade centre roundabout for just before 7pm
Old May 11th 2005, 10:31 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

hello mate!

to get to karama..... hurtle down the SZR until u get to the Trade Centre underpass..... proceed to the Zabeel Underpass that would normally take u upto Maktoum Bridge.... where the underpass splits, either right to Deira, or left to Bur Dubai, go left. At the first set of traffic lights u approach (opposite the Karama Post Office, turn left and bingo, u r in the neighbourhood of Karama..... ring me if u get lost.

just gave u a shot of karma as well.
Old May 11th 2005, 10:32 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Face81
hello mate!

to get to karama..... hurtle down the SZR until u get to the Trade Centre underpass..... proceed to the Zabeel Underpass that would normally take u upto Maktoum Bridge.... where the underpass splits, either right to Deira, or left to Bur Dubai, go left. At the first set of traffic lights u approach (opposite the Karama Post Office, turn left and bingo, u r in the neighbourhood of Karama..... ring me if u get lost.

SZR at junction 2 to 1 will be hateful that time of night...trust me, i do that run every night
Old May 11th 2005, 10:33 am
Up in the air

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
SZR at junction 2 to 1 will be hateful that time of night...trust me, i do that run every night
Can anyone tell me how to get to Karma central??
Old May 11th 2005, 10:45 am
Soupy twist

Eeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond reputeEeyore has a reputation beyond repute

to get to karama..... hurtle down the SZR
Greetings, o baseball-capped oracle!

Given that this'll be in the rush hour, I guess this must be some new useage of the word "hurtle" I wasn't previously aware of

I was really wondering if it would be any quicker to take Al Wasl, or if I might just as well use SZR. Thinking about it, to get onto the Dubai-bound SZR from here would mean having to go over IC5, which'll take a dog's age in itself...

Cool. I can exchange it for discount coupons, right?
Old May 11th 2005, 10:46 am
The Oracle

Face81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of lightFace81 is a glorious beacon of light

Can anyone tell me how to get to Karma central??
have done the junction 2 to 1 run for 4 years mate whilst I was up at AUD, twas a right pain! I know....

Not much choice is there really?

if u wanted to get to karama central, follow my directions to where i last left off and then .....

take the first left at the traffic lights after you take a left at the traffic lights infront of the Karama Post Office. You should then see Lulu Hypermarket on your right as u approach a mini r/a..... continue straight on and if u take any one of the next 3 left turns, u will be smack dab in the middle of Karama. there.
Old May 11th 2005, 10:52 am
The Oracle

Greetings, o baseball-capped oracle!

Given that this'll be in the rush hour, I guess this must be some new useage of the word "hurtle" I wasn't previously aware of

I was really wondering if it would be any quicker to take Al Wasl, or if I might just as well use SZR. Thinking about it, to get onto the Dubai-bound SZR from here would mean having to go over IC5, which'll take a dog's age in itself...

Cool. I can exchange it for discount coupons, right?
I promise there will be no baseball cap the next time around. lol

when i say hurtle, i actaully meant crawl..... LOL..... Trust me on this one, SZR or the beach or Al Wals roads all move at the same pace. U really havent got much of a choice mate. u might as well stick to the SZR.

As for all the twinkly lights the will decorate J5 at that time of night, surely u should now be aware of the "back-door" road to your suburban community??? It leads you out of the "zone", thru Al Barsha and tosses u onto J4. Problem solved!

and....... errrrrrmmmmmm........ no coupons for karma!
Old May 11th 2005, 10:54 am
Trust Your Instincts.....

sassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to beholdsassy is a splendid one to behold

6pm....!!!!!!!!! Helicopter................
Old May 11th 2005, 11:14 am
Soupy twist

surely u should now be aware of the "back-door" road to your suburban community???
Would that be the one that goes via Al Khail road with a diversion to Outer Mongolia?
Old May 11th 2005, 11:16 am
Up in the air

Would that be the one that goes via Al Khail road with a diversion to Outer Mongolia?
Thats the one....takes you through a few Omani enclaves
Old May 11th 2005, 12:02 pm
The Oracle

lolololol........ no..... takes u round the back of the Lakes, through al-barsha and on to the road leading upto J4.
Old May 11th 2005, 12:03 pm
Up in the air

lolololol........ no..... takes u round the back of the Lakes, through al-barsha and on to the road leading upto J4.
At the end of the day, most of this end of town is chokka this time of night !!!

nowt ya can do about that !!
Old May 11th 2005, 12:12 pm
The Oracle

At the end of the day, most of this end of town is chokka this time of night !!!

nowt ya can do about that !!
well which part of town isnt? except for outer mongolia that is.

traffic is horrendous from half 4 till about half 7 all over Dubai. another sad, but true fact.
Old May 11th 2005, 12:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

shoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud ofshoushou has much to be proud of

well which part of town isnt? except for outer mongolia that is.

traffic is horrendous from half 4 till about half 7 all over Dubai. another sad, but true fact.
Sometimes it stays that way till 10 even.Sometimes its faster to walk in Dubai than to drive

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.