Reload this Page >

Advice on Car Rental from Dubai Airport

Advice on Car Rental from Dubai Airport

Old Sep 5th 2008, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

blacknight13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice on Car Rental from Dubai Airport

Hi,

I am a Singaporean national, moving to Abu Dhabi in October. My wife is being posted there for a 2 to 3 yr period. We (my kids boy 5, girl 10) are moving there to support her with her career. The idea is that with my experience i should be able to find employment relatively easily and it would be a great experience for us as a family to explore/experience life in a developing country.
To the question at hand....I am flying out on the 8th of sep 08.
I will be travelling to abu dhabi via Dubai. In this regard i have explored the various modes of transport available and realise that a cab costs 300AED, hence it would be cheaper to rent a car....i have seen the budget and Hertz web sites....is there a cheaper but equally reliable rental company at Dubai airport terminal one ??
Is there a cheaper way to get from Dubai to Abu dhabi??

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help! Cheers!!

Last edited by blacknight13; Sep 5th 2008 at 5:47 pm.
Old Sep 5th 2008, 7:22 pm
Powered by cows

Autonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond reputeAutonomy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advice on Car Rental from Dubai Airport

Originally Posted by blacknight13
Hi,

I am a Singaporean national, moving to Abu Dhabi in October. My wife is being posted there for a 2 to 3 yr period. We (my kids boy 5, girl 10) are moving there to support her with her career. The idea is that with my experience i should be able to find employment relatively easily and it would be a great experience for us as a family to explore/experience life in a developing country.
To the question at hand....I am flying out on the 8th of sep 08.
I will be travelling to abu dhabi via Dubai. In this regard i have explored the various modes of transport available and realise that a cab costs 300AED, hence it would be cheaper to rent a car....i have seen the budget and Hertz web sites....is there a cheaper but equally reliable rental company at Dubai airport terminal one ??
Is there a cheaper way to get from Dubai to Abu dhabi??

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help! Cheers!!
If you want cheap there are bus services I believe (never done it though).

For the sake of a couple hundred dhs I'd really consider the ease of having someone else drive you as the roads and directions can take a little getting used to...
Old Sep 5th 2008, 8:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

cheapest i found was Dollar.
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Nina2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Autonomy
If you want cheap there are bus services I believe (never done it though).

For the sake of a couple hundred dhs I'd really consider the ease of having someone else drive you as the roads and directions can take a little getting used to...
Thanks for the sound advice
Old Sep 6th 2008, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Nina2008 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
cheapest i found was Dollar.
Thanks! they are quite competitive. Cheers!