British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Middle East (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/)
-   -   Advice on Car Rental from Dubai Airport (https://britishexpats.com/forum/middle-east-60/advice-car-rental-dubai-airport-559713/)

blacknight13 Sep 5th 2008 5:37 pm

Advice on Car Rental from Dubai Airport

Hi,

I am a Singaporean national, moving to Abu Dhabi in October. My wife is being posted there for a 2 to 3 yr period. We (my kids boy 5, girl 10) are moving there to support her with her career. The idea is that with my experience i should be able to find employment relatively easily and it would be a great experience for us as a family to explore/experience life in a developing country.
To the question at hand....I am flying out on the 8th of sep 08.
I will be travelling to abu dhabi via Dubai. In this regard i have explored the various modes of transport available and realise that a cab costs 300AED, hence it would be cheaper to rent a car....i have seen the budget and Hertz web sites....is there a cheaper but equally reliable rental company at Dubai airport terminal one ??
Is there a cheaper way to get from Dubai to Abu dhabi??

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help! Cheers!!:thumbup:

Autonomy Sep 5th 2008 7:22 pm

Re: Advice on Car Rental from Dubai Airport

Originally Posted by blacknight13 (Post 6752956)
Hi,

I am a Singaporean national, moving to Abu Dhabi in October. My wife is being posted there for a 2 to 3 yr period. We (my kids boy 5, girl 10) are moving there to support her with her career. The idea is that with my experience i should be able to find employment relatively easily and it would be a great experience for us as a family to explore/experience life in a developing country.
To the question at hand....I am flying out on the 8th of sep 08.
I will be travelling to abu dhabi via Dubai. In this regard i have explored the various modes of transport available and realise that a cab costs 300AED, hence it would be cheaper to rent a car....i have seen the budget and Hertz web sites....is there a cheaper but equally reliable rental company at Dubai airport terminal one ??
Is there a cheaper way to get from Dubai to Abu dhabi??

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help! Cheers!!:thumbup:

If you want cheap there are bus services I believe (never done it though).

For the sake of a couple hundred dhs I'd really consider the ease of having someone else drive you as the roads and directions can take a little getting used to...

Inselaffen Sep 5th 2008 8:00 pm

cheapest i found was Dollar.

Nina2008 Sep 6th 2008 8:15 am

Originally Posted by Autonomy (Post 6753231)
If you want cheap there are bus services I believe (never done it though).

For the sake of a couple hundred dhs I'd really consider the ease of having someone else drive you as the roads and directions can take a little getting used to...

Thanks for the sound advice

Nina2008 Sep 6th 2008 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Inselaffen (Post 6753327)
cheapest i found was Dollar.

Thanks! they are quite competitive. Cheers!