Reload this Page >

advice on awkward situation....

advice on awkward situation....

Old Apr 18th 2012, 2:56 am
Just Joined

throne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default advice on awkward situation....

hi everyone -

I lived in dubai for 7 yrs and thank god I never invested any money in UAE, never had a UAE bank account or a UAE credit card as I heard too many stories. But I opened a company in dafza with two partners. My company does not owe any money to any customer but the problem is that we have not closed it properly and one partner does not want to come back to the US and another from Pakistan as I'm from UK. So, closing a company all three parties have to be physically present in UAE during closing.

It;s been some time now like over a year and now I have realized I have been termed as "abscond" but I want to close the company but can anyone advice any good lawyer to clear my name as this is a hopeless situation and now I'm sucked in this mess....... one partner was on another dubai company visa who still comes and goes, whilst the other was did not have visa as he would come and go on his US passport. So, I was the only one with the company visa as I was residing in Dubai...

thanks
Ian

Last edited by throne; Apr 18th 2012 at 3:11 am.
Old Apr 18th 2012, 5:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: advice on awkward situation....

Why bother closing it at all?

There are thousands of 'dormant' companies in the UAE that simply stop trading....... as long as you don't owe money, what's the problem?
Old Apr 18th 2012, 6:21 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

what the hell is dafza ? or do you mean jafza??
Old Apr 18th 2012, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by throne
hi everyone -

I lived in dubai for 7 yrs and thank god I never invested any money in UAE, never had a UAE bank account or a UAE credit card as I heard too many stories. But I opened a company in dafza with two partners. My company does not owe any money to any customer but the problem is that we have not closed it properly and one partner does not want to come back to the US and another from Pakistan as I'm from UK. So, closing a company all three parties have to be physically present in UAE during closing.

It;s been some time now like over a year and now I have realized I have been termed as "abscond" but I want to close the company but can anyone advice any good lawyer to clear my name as this is a hopeless situation and now I'm sucked in this mess....... one partner was on another dubai company visa who still comes and goes, whilst the other was did not have visa as he would come and go on his US passport. So, I was the only one with the company visa as I was residing in Dubai...

thanks
Ian
Can the party unwilling to travel give you, or someone else, a POA?
Old Apr 18th 2012, 6:31 am
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
Dubai Airport free zone authority
Old Apr 18th 2012, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

unfortunately, not closing is via the "right steps" will cause this problem and this is how I found out.... and being in a free zone they are more strict.

Ian.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Dubai Airport free zone authority
ah ok thanks Meow
Old Apr 21st 2012, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

darshandxb is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi> Maybe i can assist you on this situation. Send me a PM and we can discuss this.

Originally Posted by throne
hi everyone -

thanks
Ian
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
Are you serious? DAFZA is one of the biggest free trade authorities in town with several hundred registered companies and huge offices near Terminal 2 at the strangely named Dubai Airport Free Zone.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

Millemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really niceMillemonkey is just really nice

A trade license is only valid for a period of a year. At this point it must be renewed. The problem is that if the company is neither closed no renewed then overdue fines apply to the company.
In most Free Zones this is chargeable at AED 100 per day.
That's why you need to close it. By now your company probably owes thousands in overdue fines to DAFZA. If you or your partners come back to Dubai you'll probably be seized at the airport.
The best solution is to give Power Of Attorney to someone get them to come over and pay off the fines and close the company properly.
The longer you leave it the higher the fines will be and the more likely that you will never be allowed to return to the UAE!!!

Sorry to be the harbinger of doom..................!!!
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of a contrast between being so careful that you never had a bank account and then simply not bothering to close down a company isn't it?
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 12:04 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seven seas
A bit of a contrast between being so careful that you never had a bank account and then simply not bothering to close down a company isn't it?
I've been wondering how he managed to run a company without a bank account...
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by darshandxb
Hi> Maybe i can assist you on this situation. Send me a PM and we can discuss this.
Can you send me a private message as I cant send a private message due to some administrator restriction. I have added you in "buddy list."
Old Apr 25th 2012, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

the whole thing sounds quite dodgy to me...