Move to Dubai

Old Apr 24th 2012, 11:57 am
Just Joined

jend25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Move to Dubai

Hi

I am looking for advice/tips - (genuine) regarding moving to Dubai. We are looking to move at the end of the summer with our 2 children age 6 and 1, schooling will be sorted for 6 year old.

Would like to know
* are utilities are expensive?
* can I work as a nurse?

What are families experiences of Dubai?

Many Thanks
Old Apr 24th 2012, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

mentalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond reputementalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Move to Dubai

Originally Posted by jend25
Hi

I am looking for advice/tips - (genuine) regarding moving to Dubai. We are looking to move at the end of the summer with our 2 children age 6 and 1, schooling will be sorted for 6 year old.

Would like to know
* are utilities are expensive?
* can I work as a nurse?

What are families experiences of Dubai?

Many Thanks
To answer the first question first, yes utilities are quite expensive. Our latest monthly DEWA bill for a 3-bed villa is Dhs1,120 including housing fee. The cost will rise dramatically once the aircon kicks in. Regarding the nursing question, are you male or female? You will probably be competing with Filipinas and the like earning very low salaries.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 1:51 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Alternatively, No: utilities aren't expensive if you live in an apartment. I had a huge apartment in AD, and utilities (including a/c) were no more than AED400 a month. However, old a/cs in a stand-alone villa could be really costly.

Not sure of the situation in AD, but in Dubai the a/c charges are included in the rent for some/many/most (?) apartments--certainly for all the apartments I looked at.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

jend25 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, will look into accommodation and what it provides.

I am female, not bothered about salary, just need to work to stay registered, only want to work minimal hours.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 7:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jend25

I am female, not bothered about salary, just need to work to stay registered, only want to work minimal hours.

Loads of nursing type jobs. Bear in mind that you'll be up against the jinglies and flippers who'll work for 10 bob and a good knobbing on a thursday night.
Old Apr 25th 2012, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Debowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really niceDebowing is just really nice

Originally Posted by Oyibopeppeh
Loads of nursing type jobs. Bear in mind that you'll be up against the jinglies and flippers who'll work for 10 bob and a good knobbing on a thursday night.
wow - you are going to upset some politically correct jumeira janes with that comment....
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:14 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Debowing
wow - you are going to upset some politically correct jumeira janes with that comment....
Why, how much do they charge?
Old Apr 25th 2012, 9:27 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
Why, how much do they charge?
A few glasses of Cava masquerading as Champagne will normally suffice.