Reload this Page >

Advantages and disadvantages of moving to dubai from UK

Advantages and disadvantages of moving to dubai from UK

Old Feb 9th 2019, 1:10 pm
Just Joined

Shujona is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advantages and disadvantages of moving to dubai from UK

Hi all,
So, my husband and I are discussing about moving to Dubai in a few years time. He's setting up a business there and I have a few family members there too. We were planning to go after my eldest 2 finish their GCSE's and A- level. Which only leaves my youngest who will be in a private school. I've not been to Dubai yet, will do soon. But my family members in dubai are saying there less crimes over there. Everything is affordable and you can make easy money there once we open up our business. I want to hear from you what you think are the advantages and the disadvantages are and your experiences. Are some of you still in Dubai or have you come back.

For some people, there's no need to writw rude comments.

Thank you all
Old Feb 9th 2019, 6:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all
Default Re: Advantages and disadvantages of moving to dubai from UK

Your question is too broad. Advantages and disadvantages are very much dependent on earnings in Dubai as opposed to UK. I have worked in the ME since 1990, Africa and Asia before that. The advantages are no tax and better climate than the UK. Everything else is dependent on the individual circumstances. I prefer working in Africa or Asia to Dubai but if you want to party in a plastic environment and you are earning much more than in the UK then the advantages are with Dubai. Of the 20 countries we have worked and lived in my wife preferred Qatar but that was because of the friends she made there. Give some idea of what business you are in and why you think there are better opportunities for your business in the UAE rather than UK.
Old Feb 10th 2019, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

reddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond reputereddiva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Advantages and disadvantages of moving to dubai from UK

Originally Posted by Shujona
Hi all,
So, my husband and I are discussing about moving to Dubai in a few years time. He's setting up a business there and I have a few family members there too. We were planning to go after my eldest 2 finish their GCSE's and A- level. Which only leaves my youngest who will be in a private school. I've not been to Dubai yet, will do soon. But my family members in dubai are saying there less crimes over there. Everything is affordable and you can make easy money there once we open up our business. I want to hear from you what you think are the advantages and the disadvantages are and your experiences. Are some of you still in Dubai or have you come back.

For some people, there's no need to writw rude comments.

Thank you all
Affordable????? It is expensive to live here and the only things cheaper than the UK are cigarettes and petrol
Food/alcohol/eating out/internet/rent/clothes etc cost way more than home. I am not sure about the easy money part either. Start up costs for businesses arent cheap and it all depends on what business you are starting. Yes there is less crime as the penalties are much more severe however the driving standards arent the best