Access to NHS

Old Aug 3rd 2015, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

magnification is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Access to NHS

Am currently UK non-resident, in Saudi, contracting.
Can I use full NHS services when visiting UK or just A&E?

If I pay NI contributions, will this enable NHS services?
Old Aug 3rd 2015, 7:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Access to NHS

Depends on how long you have been out of UK, but you state you are non resident (presumably non tax paying also) so just on this info I would say you are eligible for just A&E for emergency treatment.

No, paying NIC does not make you eligible for NHS.

Notice you asked this same question in June..... my answer is the same as the others.

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Aug 3rd 2015 at 7:15 pm.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 6:22 am
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnification

Have a read here.
Old Aug 4th 2015, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by magnification

Walk in see the doctor and get fixed . Half the worlds doing mate , don't feel bad either .

I have a NHS doctor and dentist and have never worked in the UK for over 15 years
Old Aug 5th 2015, 5:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
Walk in see the doctor and get fixed . Half the worlds doing mate , don't feel bad either .

I have a NHS doctor and dentist and have never worked in the UK for over 15 years
My husband was asked for proof of residence in the UK, worth bearing in mind that if you're asked for the same and get caught, you'll get a very hefty bill.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
My husband was asked for proof of residence in the UK, worth bearing in mind that if you're asked for the same and get caught, you'll get a very hefty bill.
I have proof of residence and you'll never ever get caught .
Old Aug 6th 2015, 7:34 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Rules and checks have been tightened up a lot very recently, and it's all to do with people like you using the NHS illegally.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 7:58 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Rules and checks have been tightened up a lot very recently, and it's all to do with people like you using the NHS illegally.
'people like you' hahaha.

Surely if you have international medical (I have global BUPA) then you can get treated in the UK quickly and easily?
Old Aug 6th 2015, 8:18 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

I know of a UK hospital which employs one person dedicated to identifying and chasing people not entitled to free care. But I don't know if he concentrates on non-Brits, or discriminates between Brits (ie expats) and non-Brits, or both (or neither).

Last edited by Bahtatboy; Aug 6th 2015 at 8:37 am. Reason: clumsy English
Old Aug 6th 2015, 8:23 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scamp
'people like you' hahaha.

Surely if you have international medical (I have global BUPA) then you can get treated in the UK quickly and easily?
WTF, Who was talking about BUPA, the whole thread is about the NHS, nothing to do with private cover, and, if you are not a UK resident, or a UK pensioner, then you should be paying for any NHs treatment outside the A&E depts, that was my reason for the comment as codurhamboy was saying he felt entitled to use the NHS for free even though he doesn't live in the UK and hasn't done so for 15 years.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 8:48 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

WTF, Who was talking about BUPA, the whole thread is about the NHS, nothing to do with private cover, and, if you are not a UK resident, or a UK pensioner, then you should be paying for any NHs treatment outside the A&E depts, that was my reason for the comment as codurhamboy was saying he felt entitled to use the NHS for free even though he doesn't live in the UK and hasn't done so for 15 years.
Alright, calm down I was just asking a question.

The link posted says;
The charges only apply to hospitals – appointments with GPs and accident and emergency treatment remain free.
So if I was back in the UK and needed a prescription or something from a GP, it would be free regardless?
Old Aug 6th 2015, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

People like me , i'm one of those yeah . A one that has property , business interests and employs people in the UK and has invested thousands into the country and the economy .

People like me aye and i only want some cough medicine and a filling . I probably contribute to the decrepid system more than you and i havent lived their full time for 15 years .

Last edited by co durham boy; Aug 6th 2015 at 9:02 am.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 9:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

People like me , i'm one of those yeah . A one that has property , business interests and employs people in the UK and has invested thousands into the country and the economy .
Oh, well, that's ok then.
Old Aug 6th 2015, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Oh, well, that's ok then.
I believe it is yes
Old Aug 6th 2015, 9:10 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Scamp
Alright, calm down I was just asking a question.

The link posted says;

So if I was back in the UK and needed a prescription or something from a GP, it would be free regardless?
If you are a pensioner, yes, if not the GP visit and prescription would be charged.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.