Abu Dhabi - SIM Cards & Maps

Abu Dhabi - SIM Cards & Maps

Old Dec 19th 2007, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

aarcc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abu Dhabi - SIM Cards & Maps

Coming to AD for a recce end of Jan 08.

Can anyone recommend shops in AD that will:

1. Sell me a SIM Card for a local AD network & post it to me in the UK with the instructions.

2. Sell me a street map of AD as well as an A-Z type book and send it to me in the UK.

If you've got their web address' that would be great!

Many thanks.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 7:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi - SIM Cards & Maps

You can pick up a sim card at the airport - why do you want one posting to you?

If you are wanting to do some research on a map, have a look at google maps (and google earth), the coverage is reasonable.
Old Dec 19th 2007, 7:13 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi - SIM Cards & Maps

Originally Posted by aarcc
Coming to AD for a recce end of Jan 08.

Can anyone recommend shops in AD that will:

1. Sell me a SIM Card for a local AD network & post it to me in the UK with the instructions.

2. Sell me a street map of AD as well as an A-Z type book and send it to me in the UK.

If you've got their web address' that would be great!

Many thanks.

http://uaeinteract.com/uaemap/

Good site for a lot of info.

Remember AD is like NY-all blocks and gridlocks.Ist Street is Corniche and every odd number parallel there to.Evens perpendicular.The higher the odd, the further off island.7th Street you moving outta commerce and into more residential;after 19th-heading towards Sas Al Nahkeel, KCA,KCB,Shahama- eventually Dubai.

Remember only two service providers re mobys Etisilat and Du. E owns shares in Du.As for sending one home.......wouldn't bother.You get one then get chez toi to sort out voip and call you....