Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi - a family move??

Abu Dhabi - a family move??

Old Jun 6th 2009, 6:18 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi - a family move??

Originally Posted by Roadking
karma tart!

Whore.

I think you'll find Karma Whore is the correct expression.
Old Jun 7th 2009, 3:51 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Say it with karma and I promise to unruffle yer feathers
OK, but you'll have to tell me how - I've never quite got the gist of this whole karma business...
Old Jun 8th 2009, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Ellie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the rough

well ok then! lmao! although seriously thankyou for all the replies! the information ahs been great.

we have sent dh's cv off to several places so have to see if and what comes back! i am on edge - i REALLY NEED this change! i am sooooooo desperate to go - just pack and move! (ok maybe not THAT simple but you get my jist! LOL!) At least if we had somewhere offer him a job soon we could start making decissions properly whereas atm its all very pie in the sky!

anyway will update when i know more!

ellie
xxx
Old Jun 9th 2009, 4:55 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

Yep - keep us informed! Good luck!
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:08 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ellie and Jason
well ok then! lmao! although seriously thankyou for all the replies! the information ahs been great.

we have sent dh's cv off to several places so have to see if and what comes back! i am on edge - i REALLY NEED this change! i am sooooooo desperate to go - just pack and move! (ok maybe not THAT simple but you get my jist! LOL!) At least if we had somewhere offer him a job soon we could start making decissions properly whereas atm its all very pie in the sky!

anyway will update when i know more!

ellie
xxx

Do you know Luke and Jo??

same same....
Old Jun 9th 2009, 5:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Do you know Luke and Jo??
Ha ha! Yeah we never did get their 'Dubai report', did we?
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:00 am
Forum Regular

Location: Bouncing between Manama Bahrain and Kissonerga, Paphos
ArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really niceArranLass is just really nice

You really should make the time to come out and see what it's like. I work in Bahrain but live on Cyprus and I breath a sigh of relief every time I get off the plane. I don't want to put you off, there's a lot of people who love living in the Middle East but there is also a revolving door of those who get here and hate it and a high divorce rate among expats.

Everyone one is different, if you can take the searing heat, the humidity, the censorship and control then go for it, the financial benefits can be fantastic. Just remember there's a reason why we get paid so well to be here.

Really, try a week or two now when it's still not at it's hottest.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:37 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
Ha ha! Yeah we never did get their 'Dubai report', did we?
no, i loved their attitude, much like Elliexxxx but i think its a bit dreamworld...

good luck though..
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

no, i loved their attitude, much like Elliexxxx but i think its a bit dreamworld...

good luck though..
Well tbh I think 'Jason' (xxx?) stands a reasonable chance of getting a job over here as he's a teacher - they always seem to be in demand. But same as anyone they've got to get a package to make it worthwhile for them...
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:44 am
banned

Well tbh I think 'Jason' (xxx?) stands a reasonable chance of getting a job over here as he's a teacher - they always seem to be in demand. But same as anyone they've got to get a package to make it worthwhile for them...
indeed. But they need to come over here and get a taste for the place. I was over in Dubai for years working on rotations and with the Navy so i knew the place...i would never have moved to a place without checking it out.

Even more so now i have kids etc..
Old Jun 9th 2009, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

indeed. But they need to come over here and get a taste for the place. I was over in Dubai for years working on rotations and with the Navy so i knew the place...i would never have moved to a place without checking it out.

Even more so now i have kids etc..
Well, as I said before we came out without visiting first. Maybe it was a bit reckless, I dunno, but personally I wouldn't say it was essential. Just nice if you get the chance.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:15 am
banned

Well, as I said before we came out without visiting first. Maybe it was a bit reckless, I dunno, but personally I wouldn't say it was essential. Just nice if you get the chance.
did you have kids?
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

did you have kids?
Yep.
They were tiddlers at the time though, I think that makes it easier.
Old Jun 9th 2009, 10:29 am
banned

Yep.
They were tiddlers at the time though, I think that makes it easier.
yea, it is the schooling issue that i think we would have to see first hand,

with tiddlers it doesnt really matter!

We moved from Dxb to AD when my baby was a week old if that counts
Old Jun 9th 2009, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

Ellie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the roughEllie and Jason is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by commander

good luck though..

dreamworld??!!! not really - i am not expecting to lay on a plam tree beach and sip pina coladas all day - now THAT would be dream world! LOL!

i think it depends on the type of person you are as to whether you need to visit first - if we want to make this change we are probably not going to ahve the opportunity to come over - financially - we could only do it during summer hols - not very practical - we are prepared for a COMPLETE change - we are prepared for the heat - which we have experienced before abeit for shorter times - for the censorship over there - the cultural change - as for the kids they are 2 and 4 atm - if we are to make this kind of move now is a better time to do it before they are much older as for them it would be more of a wrnech for them

we see it that we have one life (and trust me the past 2 years this has been proved to us!!!!!!!) and we want to enjoy it - experience things and make the most of our time here - this will be just a first step in doing this. we will never know unless we try.

as for some people not making it over - basically if jason is offered a job then he will be taking it (providing the package is right - although most of the teaching packages are very similar) and we will come over - it is all just a case of him securing a job once that is done then decission is made really!

hawkhead thanks hun youve given us some great info

Ellie
xxx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.