Reload this Page >

Abscondment bans UAE. Help.

Abscondment bans UAE. Help.

Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

smileymiley1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Abscondment bans UAE. Help.

Ok, my story is summarised as follows:

4 years ago i absconded back to UK due to my job not working out in Dubai. I didnt have any debts or convictions but my company listed me as absconding.

My company then cancelled my residence visa in March 2007 (cant remember the exact date). I found this out following research while looking for a job last November 2008. My residence visa stamp is obviously still in my passport and the end date on that of July 2008 has also expired.

Are you keeping up.....

Anyway, last year i visited the UAE on a number of occasions in order to try and get another job but was unable to because my old company was still my sponser AND according to the immigration database i still have a police report on file.

MY QUESTION IS THIS:

Is there a time frame on an abscondment report ie i am banned from getting another sponser for 3 years, 5 years, 10 years, or is it life time??

Also, there seems to be some ambiguity on the database cos i can visit the country, and i know for a fact that the residence visa was cancelled in March 2007.

Please help, cos my company in Qatar wants me to transfer to AD so as it stands im pretty screwed.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 8:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abscondment bans UAE. Help.

Originally Posted by smileymiley1980
Ok, my story is summarised as follows:

4 years ago i absconded back to UK due to my job not working out in Dubai. I didnt have any debts or convictions but my company listed me as absconding.

My company then cancelled my residence visa in March 2007 (cant remember the exact date). I found this out following research while looking for a job last November 2008. My residence visa stamp is obviously still in my passport and the end date on that of July 2008 has also expired.

Are you keeping up.....

Anyway, last year i visited the UAE on a number of occasions in order to try and get another job but was unable to because my old company was still my sponser AND according to the immigration database i still have a police report on file.

MY QUESTION IS THIS:

Is there a time frame on an abscondment report ie i am banned from getting another sponser for 3 years, 5 years, 10 years, or is it life time??

Also, there seems to be some ambiguity on the database cos i can visit the country, and i know for a fact that the residence visa was cancelled in March 2007.

Please help, cos my company in Qatar wants me to transfer to AD so as it stands im pretty screwed.
I thinks its a one year ban for absconding, Banter will know, she is our HR Guru
Old Jun 10th 2009, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

admon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond reputeadmon has a reputation beyond repute

As the ban is attached to your passport, then a new passport should resolve the situation.

I can't believe you left your passport in the back of your jeans before washing them..
Old Jun 10th 2009, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

MeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant futureMeinMel has a brilliant future

Ban is not attached to a passport, long gone are the days that you were tracked by a passport number... Even if you change your passport, unless you change your name you wont be able to get the visa for as long as your ban is effective...

I thought though working ban was a year, max 2 however ...the best bet is to speak to Immigration and check with them...

Even if you are banned to work, you can still come on visit visa, that's why you were allowed in....