Moving to Riyadh

Old Jun 8th 2009, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

kellieb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Riyadh

Hi - I am moving to Riyadh in a few weeks. I lived there for 12mths in 2002 and am looking forward to coming back. I have been living in Qatar for the last 12mths with my husband but he is staying here for the time being.

Big question???? Does anyone know of a good hairdresser??

Looking forward to meeting up with some of you at some time.

Thanks
Old Jun 8th 2009, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Alexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond reputeAlexa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Riyadh

Originally Posted by kellieb
Hi - I am moving to Riyadh in a few weeks. I lived there for 12mths in 2002 and am looking forward to coming back. I have been living in Qatar for the last 12mths with my husband but he is staying here for the time being.

Big question???? Does anyone know of a good hairdresser??

Looking forward to meeting up with some of you at some time.

Thanks
Lucky you to get out of the PIT and going back to the Kingdom

There used to be a good one at Kingdom city Compound....don't know what it is like now.....maybe you'll meet somebody from there and they can tell you.....other than that try www.sainsaudi.co.za........and ask Nic1 on here...she is in Riyadh now.

Sorry can't be of more help....
Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:08 am
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Depends what you want really. Some are good at cutting some are good at colouring, some are good at brushing. There is a good British woman in the DQ, and Imad at KC does good brushing - very popular with the Lebanese.

N
Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

thecentennial is on a distinguished road

OK, bring on the metrosexual jibes....

I'm a bloke, in Riyadh, and need a haircut.

Are there any e.g. Tony and Guy or equivalents Riyadh vity centre?

I dont want a hack, as what's left of my hair needs proper care and attention...
Old Jun 8th 2009, 11:42 am
If I have to explain...

Roadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond reputeRoadking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thecentennial

I dont want a hack, as what's left of my hair needs proper care and attention...
Yani and Habibi are on the corniche....
Old Jun 8th 2009, 12:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Nic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond reputeNic1 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you on a compound ? The hairdressers are usually bi-sexual so to speak . . So should be able to do your hair for you. Or you can just do what my husband does and get it cut when you are next somewhere else.

N
Old Jun 8th 2009, 2:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thecentennial

yeah, stop being of the gay....

Get downtown to a decent Turkish barber. 20sr for a sharp cut, those guys are the best. Love going down to the Turkish guys, coffee, cigarettes, tv, and watching the cut throat.

But now I've gone No. 0 with the hairclippers, I won't be needing their services for a while.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

monkieie is an unknown quantity at this point

Do those Turkish barbers give you a shave too?

I mean on the face of course

I've always fancied having an old-fashioned barber job done.
Old Jun 10th 2009, 2:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

nottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond reputenottmbantam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by monkieie
Do those Turkish barbers give you a shave too?

I mean on the face of course

I've always fancied having an old-fashioned barber job done.
Yes indeed. Always got a sharp cut with those guys. There are quite a few around as well, so should be easy to find. Most will have a sign on the door saying Turkish Barber!
Old Jun 10th 2009, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

monkieie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nottmbantam
Yes indeed. Always got a sharp cut with those guys. There are quite a few around as well, so should be easy to find. Most will have a sign on the door saying Turkish Barber!
Lovely - that's something I'm definitely looking forward to then