Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Is 30K + benifits is good for a family of four?

Is 30K + benifits is good for a family of four?

Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:27 am
Just Joined

Abyassine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is 30K + benifits is good for a family of four?

Hi,

I would really appreciate any advice about living expenses in dubai. I have an offer of 30K UAE + allowance for house 110K per year + Car allowance 40k per year + school allowance for my two kids + tickets home ?

I live in Canada and have no experience in that region, but I heard that it is very expensive?

Where is the best place to live if my work is in Emaar Business Park opposite to Dubai Internet City.

Many thanks,
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:52 am
Forum Regular

Nav_72 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is 30K + benifits is good for a family of four?

Originally Posted by Abyassine
Hi,

I would really appreciate any advice about living expenses in dubai. I have an offer of 30K UAE + allowance for house 110K per year + Car allowance 40k per year + school allowance for my two kids + tickets home ?

I live in Canada and have no experience in that region, but I heard that it is very expensive?

Where is the best place to live if my work is in Emaar Business Park opposite to Dubai Internet City.

Many thanks,
Do a lot of research into schools and property - you mite find you need to go back to the employer for more core and specify what the schooling allowance is......
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:01 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Abyassine
Hi,

Many thanks,
I would say no way but some may come back and say yes
not sure what you could rent for 110k these days so you would have to top it up
family car will cost you probably 120k upwards to buy then insurance
school fees expensive so make sure the cover full cost
for living the greens is on your doorstep or tecom area but both have lots of construction
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:06 pm
Forum Regular

Nav_72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Slingshot
I would say no way but some may come back and say yes
not sure what you could rent for 110k these days so you would have to top it up
family car will cost you probably 120k upwards to buy then insurance
school fees expensive so make sure the cover full cost
for living the greens is on your doorstep or tecom area but both have lots of construction
40K car allowance Per year - i dont know how much leasing or finance on a car is - but i know you can rent a car for abt 2K per monthl..... so i guess depending on what you want car wise, you could use some of that allowance to top up the housing and schooling, but Slingshot is rite, housing is very very expensive. I am trying to find a place ard AD with 160K for 3 b/r and everyone i have spoken to has said i need min 250K.......
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:23 pm
same shit different day

Slingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond reputeSlingshot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nav_72
40K car allowance Per year - i dont know how much leasing or finance on a car is - but i know you can rent a car for abt 2K per monthl..... so i guess depending on what you want car wise, you could use some of that allowance to top up the housing and schooling, but Slingshot is rite, housing is very very expensive. I am trying to find a place ard AD with 160K for 3 b/r and everyone i have spoken to has said i need min 250K.......
that is a good point about leasing or hiring a car so the 40k per year is fine