Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Is 30K + benifits is good for a family of four?

Is 30K + benifits is good for a family of four?

Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:24 am
Just Joined

Abyassine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is 30K + benifits is good for a family of four?

Hi,

I would really appreciate any advice about living expenses in dubai. I have an offer of 30K UAE + allowance for house 110K per year + Car allowance 40k per year + school allowance for my two kids + tickets home ?

I live in Canada and have no experience in that region, but I heard that it very expensive?

Where is the best place to live if my work is in Emaar Business Park opposite to Dubai Internet City.

Many thanks,
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:30 am
why ayeeeee man!

Spugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond reputeSpugsy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is 30K + benifits is good for a family of four?

Originally Posted by Abyassine
Hi,

I would really appreciate any advice about living expenses in dubai. I have an offer of 30K UAE + allowance for house 110K per year + Car allowance 40k per year + school allowance for my two kids + tickets home ?

I live in Canada and have no experience in that region, but I heard that it very expensive?

Where is the best place to live if my work is in Emaar Business Park opposite to Dubai Internet City.

Many thanks,
hmmm, it doesn't sound loads, I'm guessing if you have kids you'll need 2 cars, 40k will get you nowt, the allowances are ok but 100k for a house, say 3 beds will get you nowt either.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Hi!

Medical insurance?

Shipping/Baggage allowance for your personal effects?

You have to pay accomm rental for 1 year, or maybe 6 months, in advance - will the company pay you your allowance upfront?

110K for accomm is low for family of 4 I think.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy

110K for accomm is low for family of 4 I think.
just a tad......replace the 1st 1 with a 2 and we are about right..
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:40 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute

There was a very good breakdown on the COL out here done a month or so back by Indie Girl...

Have a search and that'll give you the most up-to-date idea on cost of living here....
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Bonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud ofBonny Boy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by arbroath_abroad
just a tad......replace the 1st 1 with a 2 and we are about right..
The oil companies pushing up the rents again!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:06 am
BE Forum Addict

arbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond reputearbroath_abroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonny Boy
The oil companies pushing up the rents again!
christ....dont get her started. im about to resign and become a counter of bricks for akhmed bin galoot LLC
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by TGFKASE
There was a very good breakdown on the COL out here done a month or so back by Indie Girl...

Have a search and that'll give you the most up-to-date idea on cost of living here....
.....its in the wiki
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

TBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud ofTBird has much to be proud of

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Cost_of_living_in_UAE
Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

my lips are sealed
Old Jul 17th 2008, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

Abyassine is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you all,

Is 110k for rent is ok in sharja, I heard it is close and people can drive to work.

Thanks,
Abdul
Old Jul 17th 2008, 4:33 pm
dub
Forum Regular

dub is an unknown quantity at this point

Sharjah is affordable but there's a reason for that. Expect a 3hour daily commute each way. Traffic is that bad on the Sharjah commuter route.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:56 pm
Banned

smurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to beholdsmurtaza is a splendid one to behold
Question Re: Is 30K + benifits is good for a family of four?

Originally Posted by dub
Sharjah is affordable but there's a reason for that. Expect a 3hour daily commute each way. Traffic is that bad on the Sharjah commuter route.
You can live in Muscat too (its only 4 hours commute from Dubai) lolz...
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

fsazhar is an unknown quantity at this point

225000 will get you 3 bed flat in Abu Dhabi City Centre (Liwa Centre). 3-4 bed villa in Al Raha Gardens (AD) will cost 300000.

with 4 kids you will definately need 3bed house at least if not 4.

You will definately need 2 cars at least 1 of them 4x4

Car insurance is high her, you will look to pay 4.5% for car and 5% for 4x4 (on average) of value of car.

Summary : Accomodation is single biggest expenditure here. Its more expensive than London! ( very nice 3 bed house in near heathrow london will cost you 8400 AED, similar in Al Raha gardens in AD will cost AED 25000)
Old Jul 18th 2008, 7:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by fsazhar
225000 will get you 3 bed flat in Abu Dhabi City Centre (Liwa Centre). 3-4 bed villa in Al Raha Gardens (AD) will cost 300000.

with 4 kids you will definately need 3bed house at least if not 4.

You will definately need 2 cars at least 1 of them 4x4

Car insurance is high her, you will look to pay 4.5% for car and 5% for 4x4 (on average) of value of car.

Summary : Accomodation is single biggest expenditure here. Its more expensive than London! ( very nice 3 bed house in near heathrow london will cost you 8400 AED, similar in Al Raha gardens in AD will cost AED 25000)
surely 3 bedrooms in ARG are not 300,000AED.....i payed 210,000 in January, in fact it was discounted to 205,000

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.