Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

28 Days on/off, has anyone bet the system

28 Days on/off, has anyone bet the system

Old Dec 1st 2013, 2:37 pm
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 28 Days on/off, has anyone bet the system

Originally Posted by co durham boy
He was being ironic
sardonic?
Old Dec 1st 2013, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

bodieanddoyle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikewot
uuumm yes I know that. My middle name is facetious
Whoossshhhhhh... Lol.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 3:07 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howie1973
I am in the process of hopefully getting a job in the ME with a 28 on off rotation. From what i have read i am only allowed to be in the UK for only 90 days max per year. So having a wife and 2 kids i can see this being a problem.

Has anyone ever managed to work out a solution to this or can help with some good advice.

Wife and 2 kids can't move over.

thanks

The rules for becoming and remaining UK Non-resident for tax and NI purposes are readily available on the web, take your pick from here: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=st...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

I've read on these here forums that you can fly to Dublin then get the ferry to the mainland without a passport check on entry to the UK...

[J]

Last edited by Johnnyboy11; Dec 1st 2013 at 3:10 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 7:44 pm
Big Member

NorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond reputeNorthernLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Howie1973
I am in the process of hopefully getting a job in the ME with a 28 on off rotation. From what i have read i am only allowed to be in the UK for only 90 days max per year. So having a wife and 2 kids i can see this being a problem.

Has anyone ever managed to work out a solution to this or can help with some good advice.

Wife and 2 kids can't move over.

thanks
I don't normally bother with these discussions, but let me get this right...

You want to earn tax-free salary in Middle East, but family stay in UK where eligible for free health care etc...?

Sounds like the benefit culture is going global?
Old Dec 1st 2013, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

gottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to allgottheTshirt is a name known to all

Originally Posted by flares
If you spend half a year in the UK maybe you should pay tax.
Old Dec 3rd 2013, 3:55 pm
Onwards and Upwards!

Johnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond reputeJohnnyboy11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernLad
I don't normally bother with these discussions, but let me get this right...

You want to earn tax-free salary in Middle East, but family stay in UK where eligible for free health care etc...?

Sounds like the benefit culture is going global?
For the win (if you manage to become UK non-resident):

Both you and the Mrs each pay £2,880 annually into a SIPP and each benefit from £720 free from HMRC (20% tax rebate)

Or, better still, get the wife out working in the UK and pay her taxable salary into her SIPP, so she'd also be UK tax-free, plus get full Child Benefit if she earns over £50k per year.

HM Government will still take its pound of flesh through the myriad of indirect taxes, VAT and the like.

[J]

Last edited by Johnnyboy11; Dec 3rd 2013 at 3:58 pm.