Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Who is from Yorkshire?

Who is from Yorkshire?

Old Mar 1st 2012, 9:07 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is from Yorkshire?

Originally Posted by Deeks
How I would love a steak pie and some sticky toffee pudding from The Blue Ball in Wharncliffe Side.
Man, that takes me back - a friend moved to Dodworth after university, and when we went to stay for the weekend the Blue Ball was always on the agenda at some point - normally for the sunday carvery
Old Mar 1st 2012, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Deeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Man, that takes me back - a friend moved to Dodworth after university, and when we went to stay for the weekend the Blue Ball was always on the agenda at some point - normally for the sunday carvery
The owners also have pubs in Stannington and Bradfield. Delicious food!
http://theblueballinnpub.co.uk/
Old Mar 1st 2012, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

made in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant futuremade in sheffield has a brilliant future

just got back on WEDNESDAY, and probably my best trip.... walking around the countryside around stannington,bradfield and having a 2 for a fiver and a couple of pints in the peacock it don,t get better than that ! and then watching the owls beat the piggies Im seriously considering moving back
Old Mar 1st 2012, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Im off to The Boro tuesday for a couple of weeks - might go to the Rudds Arms in Marton to meet a friend if anyone knows it
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 1:46 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Is that the one just up the road from Stewarts Park near the garage?
Driven past it a few times never been in it. Bet my 20-something nephew has though - he heads down to Marton (from Guisborough) for a night out....times have changed since my day....back then, you went to the Southern Cross for a fight, or Marton Country Club to see the local councillors arriving for a "special" massage!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 12:55 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deeks
Living near Harrogate we would hop on the train, ride through Knaresborough over the bridge and by the castle on our way to a day in York. ~sigh~ Gosh we miss Yorkshire.
I'm heading back in April for good and starting out in this area. We have a short-term let for the first 2 months in Knaresborough. I can't WAIT to go to York again, and head up to the moors and the Dales and out to the coast. Ah to see the stone walls and breathe the air again I'll have a pint or two for all of you.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

texasjan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Im off to The Boro tuesday for a couple of weeks - might go to the Rudds Arms in Marton to meet a friend if anyone knows it
Oh yes! They used to do really good ale. I'm from just down the road - Redcar. Hope the weather is good for you
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by texasjan
Redcar.
Ahh...."Vertical Pier" country.....

I was born on Kirkleatham Lane
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 3:03 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
We have a short-term let for the first 2 months in Knaresborough. I can't WAIT to go to York again, and head up to the moors and the Dales and out to the coast. Ah to see the stone walls and breathe the air again I'll have a pint or two for all of you.
One of my OH's favorite days spent in Yorkshire was when we went to Knaresborough and took a row on the river. He also loved getting up into limestone country -- Malham and Gordale. Now you're getting me nostalgic!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Jengreg is an unknown quantity at this point

Born in Catterick Military Hospital and then m parents retired to Guisborough. Love Saltburn beach ! Now in Boston.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

Deeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud ofDeeks has much to be proud of

I'm heading back in April for good and starting out in this area. We have a short-term let for the first 2 months in Knaresborough. I can't WAIT to go to York again, and head up to the moors and the Dales and out to the coast. Ah to see the stone walls and breathe the air again I'll have a pint or two for all of you.
Oh, I'm so jealous but very happy for you. Have a pint of sweet cider for me and a deep breath of Yorkshire air.
You'll be there in time for the bed races. It's crowded and crazy but fun if the weather is good.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Is that the one just up the road from Stewarts Park near the garage?
Driven past it a few times never been in it. Bet my 20-something nephew has though - he heads down to Marton (from Guisborough) for a night out....times have changed since my day....back then, you went to the Southern Cross for a fight, or Marton Country Club to see the local councillors arriving for a "special" massage!
It certainly is - just opposite the Marton Country Club. I had many a nights at the Cross when i was a wee lass moons ago!!!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by texasjan
Oh yes! They used to do really good ale. I'm from just down the road - Redcar. Hope the weather is good for you
Thanks!! Where i live in US is almost exactly the same weather wise so home from home!
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wow good luck to you and let us know via this thread how you are getting on!
Old Mar 3rd 2012, 12:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Wibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud ofWibblypig has much to be proud of

Say hello to York from me I really miss home

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.