British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Meet-ups (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/)
-   -   Houston meet-up (https://britishexpats.com/forum/meet-ups-112/houston-meet-up-751492/)

Mr Weeze Mar 23rd 2012 7:36 pm

Re: Houston meet-up

Lotus - the two I have seen is a blue one, at work, and a black one sometimes on I-10 of a morning. I work in the Galleria area, so it's a trek to there. I was in Dunn Bros this morning too, strangely. Never mind the A/C, can you imagine what the ride is like on Fry?

Bink Mar 23rd 2012 7:46 pm

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze (Post 9969072)
Lotus - the two I have seen is a blue one, at work, and a black one sometimes on I-10 of a morning. I work in the Galleria area, so it's a trek to there. I was in Dunn Bros this morning too, strangely. Never mind the A/C, can you imagine what the ride is like on Fry?

Or shepherd??!! :eek: I've seen a yellow one downtown in the parking garage for the loft I used to live in.

Emmas Mar 26th 2012 1:28 pm

Hi everyone...

Ok, May seems to work.. shall we set a date for Saturday 19th May :)

I like the sound of the beach, but for those that are super new and don't know our way round yet, (me included! :o) I'm thinking of keeping to the central location just for the first meet up, then second time round we can spread our wings and travel further? would that be ok with everyone?

Memorial Park?
I think we can phone and book a picnic area for us all for a fee (832-395-7012) do we need too??

Em x

Yorkieabroad Mar 27th 2012 1:10 am

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze (Post 9969072)

Dunn Bros - in there most days. Maybe a venue for a meetup, hmmm??
Next time you're in, if you see an ageing, podgy, balding, bearded brit in shorts say hi...

Yorkieabroad Mar 27th 2012 1:11 am

Originally Posted by Emmas (Post 9973035)
Hi everyone...

Em x

OK, 19th tentatively on the calendar, but may duck out if the kids get to the cup finals which are held that day....

Brown18 Mar 27th 2012 4:34 am

Hi, the 19th is good for me but looking at the map that's a scary drive down south for me. Having only just starting driving on the right hand side of the road, I'm not sure I have the confidence for that just yet. Maybe by then I'll be ok but if not I'll see you at the next one.!

Emmas Mar 27th 2012 6:57 am

We can always change to the Sunday closer to the time, if it's better for everyone :D

Brown18; I can come pick u up if u like? I have room for 2 in my car. We can maybe get a little convoy going from the woodlands?! :)

Em x

Bink Mar 27th 2012 3:08 pm

Count me in.

Brown18 Mar 27th 2012 5:03 pm

Em, thanks for the offer. I might just take you up on it!

texasjan Mar 27th 2012 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Emmas (Post 9973035)
Hi everyone...

I like the sound of the beach, but for those that are super new and don't know our way round yet, (me included! :o) I'm thinking of keeping to the central location just for the first meet up, then second time round we can spread our wings and travel further? would that be ok with everyone?

Memorial Park?
I think we can phone and book a picnic area for us all for a fee (832-395-7012) do we need too??

Em x

date in diary! didnt know you could book? There are hundreds of them so someone will have to be there with a big flag lol

Emmas Mar 27th 2012 6:04 pm

Haha yes I'll post on here closer to the time to organise time and recognition system! Lol

Em x

lisajdubai Mar 27th 2012 11:24 pm

i have my in laws in town from 10 - 29 may so if anyone wants to do a no kids meet up ,any excuse to get out :thumbsup:

Emmas Mar 30th 2012 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by lisajdubai (Post 9975912)
i have my in laws in town from 10 - 29 may so if anyone wants to do a no kids meet up ,any excuse to get out :thumbsup:

Sounds good Lisa! :thumbsup:

trailerdude Apr 18th 2012 5:59 pm

BUMP

Unexpectedly back in the area, enjoying this awesome weather!!

When's that new Rudy's gonna be open on I-10....love that place!

Y'all still on for next month?

Bink Apr 18th 2012 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by trailerdude (Post 10012976)
BUMP

Unexpectedly back in the area, enjoying this awesome weather!!

When's that new Rudy's gonna be open on I-10....love that place!

Y'all still on for next month?

Which new Rudy's on I-10??!!
I like Rudy's too.