Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Fancy a pint in SoCal?

Fancy a pint in SoCal?

Old Sep 24th 2010, 11:09 pm
Just Joined

trippykitten is just really nicetrippykitten is just really nicetrippykitten is just really nicetrippykitten is just really nicetrippykitten is just really nicetrippykitten is just really nicetrippykitten is just really nicetrippykitten is just really nice
Default Fancy a pint in SoCal?

My name's Claire and I've lived in Orange County, California, for two years. Are there any Brit expats in or near Huntington Beach???
Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:18 am
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all
Default Re: Fancy a pint in SoCal?

Originally Posted by trippykitten
My name's Claire and I've lived in Orange County, California, for two years. Are there any Brit expats in or near Huntington Beach???
Sorry, don't live near there. Have you tried going to:

Ye Olde King's Head British Santa Monica Pub
The Favorite British Santa Monica Pub with British Food, Beer, Spirits and Darts .
www.yeoldekingshead.com/

Ton of Brits and just up the coast from you. Good luck!
Old Sep 27th 2010, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

aviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to allaviva is a name known to all

Originally Posted by trippykitten
This might bring you some luck too:
http://www.meetup.com/find/?keywords...o=true&events=

or just go to meetups.com los angeles and type british in the search

Once again, good luck!
Old Sep 27th 2010, 5:11 am
PdP
Just Joined

PdP is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Fancy a pint in SoCal?

Hello Claire,

Yes there are brits in HB... I'm up near Goldenwest College, been here about 4 years now. No need to trek all the way to Santa Monica!

There's a British shop and tea room, the Shamrock & Thistle, on Valley View near the 405, where I go to get my Marmite, Mars bars and Chocolate Digestives (although Fresh & Easy sells Marmite much cheaper and Cost Plus has HobNobs). Take a look at sussexteapot.com for a map. No I don't have any affiliations with them.

Near the S&T there's a British club and I think it's a pub as well. I don't recall as I haven't been there (was the wrong time of day the one time I went looking).

Cheers,
Pierre (French name but I'm a Brit )
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

limeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud oflimeynus has much to be proud of

Hi!

I'm in Lake Forest about 20 miles south of HB. Been in the OC for 21 years now.

There's the Olde Ship Pub in both Fullerton and Santa Ana, a little bit of a trek, but not as far as Santa Monica. I know they have a website, so you can google them.

welcome to the OC and the forum!

Dawn
Old Nov 6th 2010, 9:00 pm
Americano

nejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nice

Hey Claire,

I'm 21, living over in the South Bay area. Nice to meet you. I'm not a British expat, but I've been living in the UK for the past 3 years. Just moved back 2 1/2 months ago.

~Nej
Old Nov 14th 2010, 5:03 am
Just Joined

britishbloke is an unknown quantity at this point

If anyone is interested in the LA /OC area we have a British meet up group call BLAM ( British Los Angeles meet up) if you are interested we do events every month, you can sign up and come to events its free either at a house or do a food party with brit food etc.. Jason

http://www.meetup.com/British-Los-Angeles-meetups-BLAM
Old Nov 14th 2010, 6:23 pm
Americano

nejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nicenejicano is just really nice

Looks like fun! Do your events get a lot of turnout? Is there a a wide age-range?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

yes about 20 per event, we are starting to advertise more and really push for more variety and turn outs, the more members the better turn out..
Old Nov 14th 2010, 6:42 pm
Americano

Sounds like fun! Did you guys do anything for Bonfire night? Is it just for British expats, or are Americans welcome as well?
Old Nov 14th 2010, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Hey Claire, we are mainly Brits but Americans are welcome as some lived there, some are married to some etc. But we try to keep the Brit numbers up... for Bonfire night no sadly though we did last year as we had no venue this year, but hope to next year in someones garden. We did do a Halloween party. We also have coming up Marina del boat parade party and a few events at british pubs where an band is playing British xmas hits live like from the 70s and 80s... its free to sign up.. jason
Old Nov 17th 2010, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ginblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond reputeGinblossom has a reputation beyond repute

Im in Rancho Santa Margarita (for now)
Old Dec 1st 2010, 6:06 pm
Forum Regular

skydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to beholdskydivingisfun is a splendid one to behold

I am in Lake Forest been here nearly 2 years, Plenty of places to eat and drink close by, the English breakfast at the Ship with a pint of Bods is the bomb

Steve
Old Dec 28th 2010, 10:38 am
Just Joined

c8inca is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Claire,
I live in Costa Mesa and I've been here just over two years too. Just found this site in the hope of finding some expats to hang out with. Totally up for a pint if you're still interested

Cheers,
Cate.
Old Jan 6th 2011, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold

If any of you ever come south I know a good pub in Carlsbad that I hear has too much beer and needs help getting rid of excess stock

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.