Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

brits at the jersey shore, new jersey?

brits at the jersey shore, new jersey?

Old May 23rd 2011, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

G.n.Tgirl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: brits at the jersey shore, new jersey?

So there seems to be a few of us with time on our hands in NJ, anybody up for coffee/drinks some time soon???
Old May 23rd 2011, 5:22 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice

Sounds like a plan. I am busy with my wedding all week this week. Once I am married and Memorial Day is sorted then I am all up for it.
Old May 23rd 2011, 6:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by njmackem
Sounds like a plan. I am busy with my wedding all week this week. Once I am married and Memorial Day is sorted then I am all up for it.
Good Luck with the wedding - hope the sun shines for you

Are you getting married locally? You never see weddings and wedding cars around town here like you do most Saturdays in England.
Old May 23rd 2011, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice

Getting married in Summit. I am in the midst of sorting out the car now.

looks like a 30% chance of rain.. but reasonable other than that.
Old May 26th 2011, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

LFC1005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Coffee/drinks soon sounds good, I'm up for it.
Old May 26th 2011, 11:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by G.n.Tgirl
Good Luck with the wedding - hope the sun shines for you

Are you getting married locally? You never see weddings and wedding cars around town here like you do most Saturdays in England.
I think that's because the bridal party usually get ready at the venue. Also the wedding service/meal/party are usually held at the same place.
Old May 30th 2011, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I think that's because the bridal party usually get ready at the venue. Also the wedding service/meal/party are usually held at the same place.
Actually we went for a more British way of doing it. We had a Church wedding (St. Teresa of Avila in Summit) before moving on to our venue for a reception and then on to a relatives home for a larger more riotous party (with BBQ).

I can honestly say this was the best weekend of my life with one tiny exception. While proving the fact that I cannot dance I have managed to tear my medial knee ligament slightly. Fortunately having a doctor in the family (thanks mum) she does not see it as a bad tear so its a case of rest and recuperation for a week or two.
Old May 30th 2011, 3:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Actually we went for a more British way of doing it. We had a Church wedding (St. Teresa of Avila in Summit) before moving on to our venue for a reception and then on to a relatives home for a larger more riotous party (with BBQ).

I can honestly say this was the best weekend of my life with one tiny exception. While proving the fact that I cannot dance I have managed to tear my medial knee ligament slightly. Fortunately having a doctor in the family (thanks mum) she does not see it as a bad tear so its a case of rest and recuperation for a week or two.
Congratulations.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

digbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to alldigbydog is a name known to all

I would be up for a meet. I live in Millburn.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 12:38 pm
Forum Regular

ok so we have Millburn, Madison(ish), Summit, Morristown... anyone else in the area???
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 1:30 am
Just Joined

ok so we have Millburn, Madison(ish), Summit, Morristown... anyone else in the area???
We should put something on the calendar soon before the kids break up (and I disappear to the UK for a month)

A couple of options would be a curry night. We really like Neelam in Berkeley Heights or the Stirling Hotel ... its the closest we've found to an english country pub, has lots of outdoor seating and very family friendly.

Gavin, I think you should organize our meet up, it will keep you busy while you recuperate
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 3:15 pm
moi
Forum Regular

moi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond reputemoi has a reputation beyond repute

A shout out from Wanaque (NW New Jersey) - I would like to meet up also.
There is also a girl from Scotland in Edison - Mairi (msw) who would like to get together.

Let's try and make it before the kids escape.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 3:30 pm
Forum Regular

Ok peeps. I will get to organising something. Kids break up 21st June or around then right???
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

LFC1005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Isabella's last day is the 17th June but anytime after that is fine with me.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

Ok peeps. I will get to organising something. Kids break up 21st June or around then right???
I think I must spend too much time on Facebook as I was looking for the 'like' button

Mine finish the 20th.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.